5 Food for Healthy Hair
24 May 2018
No matter how great your haircut or expensive your hair products may be, they can't mask a head of unhealthy hair. If you desire rich, shiny and strong hair, you can achieve it by feeding your body the right nutrients and giving it plenty of water. A fast-food diet will never provide you the essential nutrients required for a healthy hair growth. But delicious fruits and vegetables are a natural remedy for damaged hair that provides your body all those nutrients that improve your hair health and growth. Here are a few must-have foods that possess the power to make your tresses luscious and healthy than even before.
- Citrus Fruits - One of the best ways to ensure you get enough vitamin C is to eat plenty of citrus fruits. A major antioxidant, vitamin C is essential to the production of skin cells which protect the skin from excessive damage. Oranges, limes, grapefruits and lemons are good sources of vitamin C. Include plenty of these vital fruits in your diet and let them work their magic on your hair.
- Berries - Rich in vitamin B, these antioxidants are hard to beat when it comes to nutrient power for healthy hair. They also possess essential nutrients which nourish hair follicles and are essential to scalp circulation. Loganberries, boysenberries, gooseberries, raspberries and strawberries give the cells plenty of oxygen and are known to help reduce hair loss, slow the greying process, stimulate hair growth and contribute to shiny hair.
- Dark Green Vegetables - Leafy greens contain a very high percentage of water, which helps keep your hair, as well as your skin, hydrated. Without proper body hydration, your skin and hair begin to look dry. High in vitamin A, these dark greenies not only act as a great natural remedy, they also create healthy scalp oils, fight free radicals from pollution, helping strengthen and thicken hair so you experience less breakage.
- Avocados - No one argues about the benefits of this powerhouse when it comes to hair health. Avocados are extremely nutritious and helpful when it comes to maintaining healthy hair. They are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin B and C, which are essential for hair growth, and vitamin E that ensures cells get the oxygen they need and promote good scalp circulation. Avocados are high in fat content which makes them an excellent natural remedy as a hair conditioner.
- Nuts - Do you wish to have thick, lustrous hair? Then it’s time you went all nuts
One of nature’s richest sources of Omega-3 fatty acid, nuts play an important role in maintaining the health of your scalp while making them strong and shiny. Nuts like cashews, pecans, walnuts and almonds are also a terrific source of zinc. A zinc deficiency can lead to hair shedding, so make sure that nuts are a regular on your healthy hair menu.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?