8 Awesome Beauty Benefits of Avocado Oil for Hair and Skin
The nutritional value of avocado is very high carrying vitamins such as vitamin K, B, E, C and potassium. Avocado is known to have higher fat content than many other fruit available in market. To point out some direct benefits of avocado for skin, it promotes hormonal balance and circulatory function, which is good for skin. Elasticity of skin can be improved using avocado and the good thing about this fruit is that it can be consumed directly. Avocado is used widely in face masks to repair and enhance the quality of skin. And the number of benefits associated with this fruit in beauty terms is many in number, which makes it a popular beauty tips ingredient.Avocado’s real essence and benefits are derived in different forms from which one is avocado oil. Avocado oil for skin is widely available in market for various purposes. The power and benefit of avocado is so great that it is used in many commercial beauty products. Some examples of avocado products are avocado oil for skin, avocado cream, avocado milk and many others. Not only this, the fruit has many culinary uses too. But one thing to remember about avocado is that it is prone to enzymatic browning, which turns the flesh brown quickly after coming in contact with air. So, it is always advised to use the fruit fresh after cutting it down into slices or pieces.
Avocado has smooth texture flesh which helps in smoothening of skin and enhancing the overall texture of skin. And again it is an ingredient which is rich in antioxidants making it an ideal natural ingredient for repairing and enhancing skin quality. Above that avocado have great moisturizing properties, which help in repairing dull and dry skin quickly and easily. So, if this amazing fruit is easily available in nearby market then its mere stupidity to miss out this ingredient from your natural skin care regime.For a detailed insight of beauty benefits of avocado and its utilization; look down to the list of benefits of avocado:
- Nourishes dry skin: One from the long list of beauty benefits of avocado is its nourishing nature. Avocado helps in nourishing dry skin making it soft and hydrated. To do this job, the fatty acids in avocado penetrate deep down the skin layer to compensate the lost moisture of skin. And surprisingly, avocado is suitable for all skin types. To nourish skin with avocado, mash one or two ripe avocados until it obtains smooth texture. Now mix little amount of honey to the mashed paste and apply the mask over facial skin. Leave the mask over skin for half an hour and then wash face with lukewarm water. Do this practice twice or thrice in a week to keep skin soft and nourished.
- Slow down the aging process: Proving itself the most skin friendly ingredient, avocado’s another beauty benefit is slowing down the aging process of skin. Avocado is said to have high amount of antioxidants and anti-aging properties, which helps it in reversing aging effect. Above that it improves collagen production in skin which is known for maintaining firmness and elasticity in skin. The best way of using avocado for slowing down the aging process is by massaging avocado oil for skin several times in a week.
- Enhances skin complexion: Many ladies try very hard to get fairer looks and enhanced skin complexion. Well, avocado is expert of this desire too. Presence of fatty acids, oleic acid and vitamin C in avocado helps in reduction of hyper pigmentation appearance over skin. Above that the antioxidants content works as a shield against ultraviolet sunrays to avoid sunburn. For utilizing avocado to enhance skin complexion, blend one ripe avocado in a mixer and add little amount of lemon juice and honey to it. Apply this mixture over facial skin, neck, legs and hand and leave it to dry. Later use cold water to wash skin.
- Reduces wrinkles: If wrinkle line is a worry to you, avocado can treat it well. The monounsaturated amino acids in avocado is known for reducing wrinkle lines and crow’s feet too. Above that the amino acids and vitamin E together help in stimulating collagen production, which helps in enhancing the elasticity and firmness of skin reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Since, avocado is a good moisturizer for skin; one could use it on daily basis to reduce wrinkles without making skin dry.
- Removes spots and scars: One more amazing beauty benefit of avocado is removal of spots and scars occurring due to acne, pimple, scrapes, cut or any other problem. Wondering how avocado manages to do so? Well the job of removal of scars and spots is made easy by the omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E in avocado. They help in repairing the damaged skin tissues and reduce the appearance of scars or spots over skin. To remove scars and spots with avocado, gather half piece of peeled avocado in blended form, juice of half lemon and couple of vitamin E capsules content in a blender. Now blend all of them thoroughly to obtain a smooth paste. The paste is ready to be applied over skin but before that clean skin with lukewarm water. Now massage scar or spot affected area with the paste and leave it to dry naturally. At the end, wash skin with lukewarm water. To get best results, do this practice twice or thrice in a week.
- Repairs damaged and dry hair: Apart from skin benefits of avocado, the ingredient has some important value for hair too. Avocado is very helpful in repairing dry and damaged hair naturally. The vitamins, proteins and healthy fats in avocado all together works to moisturize dry hair shaft and promotes hair growth. Also, it works great to tame down the frizzy, curly hair. To Tips for Dry and Damaged Hair, take out the pulp of ripe avocado and mash it to smooth texture. Now, mix one teaspoon of jojoba oil and wheat germ oil in mashed avocado. After the mixture is ready, apply it gently over damp hair from roots to tip and keep it covered for half an hour with shower cap. At the end use mild shampoo such as Vatika Smoothing Treatment Shampoo to wash hair. Follow this practice once or twice in a week to see desired results.
- Prevents hair loss and improves hair growth: Another good surprise for hair from avocado’s side is increased hair growth. Being full of essential fatty acids, protein, folic acid, vitamins, and magnesium, avocado is has all factors to stimulate hair growth and nourish it naturally. Beyond this, avocado also carries hair softening properties that will enhance the texture and appearance of hair. To prevent hair loss and increase hair growth with the help of avocado, take two tablespoon of avocado oil and add 3-4 drops of rosemary oil in it. Massage hair scalp with the oil mixture for several minutes and leave oil over head for half an hour. After that wash hair and scalp using a mild shampoo. Following this practice twice or thrice in a week could give desired results to an individual in few weeks.
- Soften hands rough skin: Hands does a lot of job everyday and they remain the last body part to get pampered by an individual. As a result, the hands become rough and dry. To soften those dry and rough hands, avocado is right choice. Monounsaturated fats and vitamins of avocado help in softening and moisturizing of rough hands. To do so, make paste of one ripe avocado and add one tablespoon of honey in it. Now apply the green in color paste over rough skin of hands and allow it to work over skin for half an hour. Later, use cold water to clean off the paste from skin. Following this practice several times in a week will give softer hands in few weeks. One could also use avocado oil to massage hand on daily basis for five minutes before going to sleep.
Read More Tips On:
How to Get Shiny Hair
How To Make Hair Silky
How to Stop Hair Fall
How To Remove Dandruff
Healthy Hair Tips
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?