How To Remove Tan From Feet: 13 Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Feet Instantly
Summers can prove to be the worst months for skin when it comes to tanning. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the skin prove to be very harmful for the skin which not only darkens but is impinged on in many other ways like allergies and scratches as well. Hence, it is very important to de-tan the hands and feet that are mostly affected by the sun. To get back your happy feet, there are few homemade remedies that one can follow with a twitch of your fingers. So if you want to know how to remove tan from feet, just follow these effortless masks and packs, made from simple ingredients available in the kitchen.
Learn How To Remove Tan From Feet using :
- Curd And Gramflour Mask
- Lemon And Sugar
- Potato And Lemon
- Turmeric And Cornflour Mask
- Oats And Curd Mask
- Sandalwood And Honey Mask
- Papaya And Honey Mask
- Orange Peel And Cream Mask
- Borax And Glycerine Mask
- Milk And Cream
- Cucumber And Lemon Mask
- Almonds And Honey Pack
- Banana And Milk Pack
Curd And Gramflour Mask To Remove Tan From Feet
Curd provides the required hydration and moisturization to the skin and gram flour helps in whitening and lightening. This is one of the impactful beauty tips for tanned feet.
- One tablespoon gram flour
- Half cup curd
- Half tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together one tablespoon gram flour, half cup fresh curd and half tablespoon lemon juice to a paste
- Apply the paste on both the feet gently massaging and let it sit for 30-35 minutes in order to remove tan from feet
- Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a mild moisturizer
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for best results.
Lemon And Sugar Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Feet
Both lemon and sugar are great ways to get rid of the stubborn tan on feet. Sugar exfoliates the dead skin cells, and the acidic elements in lemon helps in reducing melanin in skin. This is one of the best tanned feet home remedies that work quickly and effectively.
- Juice of one lemon
- One tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine together juice of one lemon along with one tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Gently scrub on the affected areas of the feet for at least 10-15 minutes and thereafter wash off with cold water.
- Repeat the process daily till the tan vanishes.
How To Remove Tan From Feet Using Potato And Lemon
Potatoes are loaded with an enzyme called catecholase that lightens the skin tone and hence along with lemon, they definitely help in feet tan removal.
- One medium sized potato
- Juice of one lemon
- Take one medium sized potato and grate it, squeezing out its juice.
- Mix the potato juice with that of one ripe lemon and apply on the affected areas.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash off the feet with cold water.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week to get best results.
Turmeric And Cornflour Mask To Remove Tan From Feet
For glowing skin tips & instant tan removal fsrom feet, turmeric always comes in handy. Not only it is anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant, but also helps in getting a brighter and glowing skin. Corn flour helps in de-tanning faster than any other ingredients.
- One tablespoon corn flour
- One teaspoon turmeric
- One teaspoon honey
- In a bowl take one tablespoon corn flour, one teaspoon turmeric and the same amount of honey to make a paste.
- Rinse the feet and apply the paste smoothly all over, and leave it on for 30 minutes at least.
- Wash off with cold water and feel an immediate difference in color.
Oats And Curd Mask Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Feet
When you think on how to remove tan from feet, just take a little oatmeal and see magic happen. Oats are great exfoliator and help remove the dead skin cells. Curd purifies the skin and keeps it glowing and healthy.
- One tablespoon oatmeal
- One tablespoon curd
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together a tablespoon of oatmeal (crushed) along with the same amount of fresh curd and few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply gently on the feet, scrubbing for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
- Apply a mild moisturizer and repeat the process weekly.
How To Remove Tan From Feet Using Sandalwood And Honey Mask
Sandalwood and honey together make one of the best home remedies for tanned feet. Sandalwood not only soothes sunburns, but also provides a cooling effect and perks up the skin complexion.
- One teaspoon sandalwood powder
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl mix together one teaspoon sandalwood powder along with one tablespoon honey to make a paste.
- Apply the mask on both the feet and let it sit for 30-35 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process at least twice a week.
Papaya And Honey Mask To Remove Tan From Feet
Papaya is one of the best ingredients for skin care. The fruit contains enzymes that help in de-tanning and brightening the skin. It also treats skin ulcers and hence can be very effective to remove tan from feet.
- One tablespoon honey
- Half ripe papaya (crushed into a pulp)
- In a bowl mix together pulp of half ripe papaya along with one tablespoon honey
- Apply gently on both feet and massage for 10 minutes. Let it sit for another 20 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and apply a mild moisturizer.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for quick results.
Orange Peel And Cream Mask Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Feet
Orange is full of vitamin C that works as an anti-oxidant against free radicals. It helps regulate the skin texture and color and lightens the skin. It is one of the best and easiest tricks for those seeking on how to remove tan from feet instantly.
- Dried peel of one orange
- One tablespoon fresh cream
- In a mixer, grind dried peel of one orange to powder and to it add one tablespoon fresh cream.
- Gently scrub on the paste to the feet in circular motions and thereafter, let it sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and feel the difference in skin texture and color.
How To Remove Tan From Feet Using Borax And Glycerine Mask
To easily remove tan from feet at home try this homemade recipe that helps in nourishing the skin and helping it lighten the color. Borax has anti-bacterial properties that keep the feet clean. Use glycerin for skin that provides the much-needed moisturizer.
- One tablespoon borax powder
- One tablespoon glycerine
- Few drops of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water
- In a bowl mix together a tablespoon of borax powder and same amount of glycerine along with few drops of rose water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the feet gently and let it sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and finish it with a mild moisturizer
- Apply the mask once in two days for quick results.
Feet Tan Removal using Milk And Cream
When there is nothing else available in the kitchen and you are wondering how to remove feet tan, just bank on the humble milk. Milk helps in lightening the skin texture and is the best natural de-tanner.
- One tablespoon raw milk
- One teaspoon fresh cream
- In a bowl combine together one tablespoon raw milk along with one teaspoon fresh cream and make a paste
- Apply on the feet gently, massaging for 10 minutes and leave it on overnight.
- Apply it every night for a week and feel the difference in skin texture and color.
Cucumber And Lemon Mask Home Remedies To Remove Tan From Feet
This is one of the easiest and best home remedies for tanned feet. Cucumber not only helps remove the tan from skin but also soothes it.
- One grated cucumber
- Juice of one lemon
- In a bowl take a grated cucumber and squeeze its juice out
- Then add juice of one lemon to it and mix properly
- Apply the cucumber and lemon juice on the feet gently massaging for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the feet with cold water and apply a mild moisturizer.
How To Remove Tan From Feet Almonds And Honey Pack
Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E that works wonders for the skin. They are loaded with antioxidants that help keep free radicals at bay and are one of the best ways to remove tan on feet.
- One cup overnight soaked almonds
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl take one cup overnight soaked almonds and coarsely grind them.
- Add one tablespoon honey and mix properly
- Apply the mask on the feet gently, scrubbing and massaging for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process at least twice a week for best results.
Banana And Milk Pack To Remove Tan From Feet
Bananas are loaded with natural moisturizers for the skin. It soothes and nourishes the skin follicles and promotes a healthy growth of new cells. It also stops the regeneration of pigmentation cells, thereby stalling tannings in the long run.
- One ripe banana (mashed)
- One tablespoon milk
- One teaspoon honey
- In a bowl mash a ripe banana and combine it with one tablespoon milk and one teaspoon honey.
- Apply on the feet, massaging gently for 10 minutes and let it sit for another 20 minutes till it dries.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process weekly.
Easy Steps To Prevent Tanning Feet
There are various ways and means to prevent tanning from hands and feet in simple and easy steps. Few of them are listed below:
Whenever you are travelling out of the house make sure to use a good SPF sunscreen lotion. Ultraviolet rays of the sun can be really harmful for the skin. They can cause many skin problems like cancer. A good sunscreen not only helps diffuse the effects of the rays but also protects skin from various ailments. Make sure to apply a minimum of SPF30 moisturizer in order to protect the skin. Various natural remedies -- like a mix of lemon juice and yogurt before bathing – can also help protecting the skin from sun damage.
Cover Properly Whenever Going Out
Whenever you are travelling in the sun in summers, make sure to cover the hands and feet properly in order to protect them from tanning.
Wash Hands And Feet After Returning
The moment you return from outside, make sure to properly wash off hands and feet in order to soothe them from harmful sun rays. Thereafter, make sure to apply a mild moisturizer to keep them soft and supple.
Avoid Direct Contact With Sun
According to experts, it is best to avoid direct sun contact or stepping in the sun between 10 am to 3 pm in summer months when the sun is at its harshest. Hence, plan your day in advance and if not necessary do not step out unnecessarily. During these times, tanning to a certain extent is inevitable.
Wear Loose Fitting Clothes
Make sure to wear bright and lose fitting clothes during summer months. Closely woven fabric materials like cotton and linen usually caste a thick shadow protecting the skin from direct contact from sun, hence preventing a tan. It also helps the skin to breathe, thus reducing any kind of skin damage.
Save Yourself From UV Rays
The ultraviolent rays of the sun are dangerous for skin. Apart from burning the skin they can also cause many harmful diseases like skin cancer. Hence, it is very important to save yourself from UV rays by making sure of wearing a protective gear like gloves, shoes, socks and umbrellas.
Many experts are of the view that a generous use of make-up foundation on hands and feet can prevent them from tanning. Foundation prevents the ultraviolent rays to directly penetrate the skin and can be applied after using sunscreen so that the skin can be totally protected from getting damaged.
Apart from the above-mentioned ways and means to prevent your precious hands and feet from getting tanned, there are many herbal and natural bleach creams that can easily be applied to achieve effective results. Bleach creams like Fem Fairness Natural Pearl Bleach or Fem’s De-Tan Crème Bleach not only removes sun tan but also helps in getting rid of dead follicles and stops regeneration of pigment cells to give you a radiant looking skin.
Need more information on how to remove tan from hands and legs? Keep reading our blogs.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?