Learn How To Remove Tan From Hands And Legs With These Easy Home Remedies
Hot summers come not just with sweat and heat, but skin tan as well. And the worst is to get rid of the tan that not only darkens the skin but due to harmful ultraviolet rays also damage it. Causing early aging, pimples, acne, lines and blemishes among other skin conditions. Many people resort to chemical bleaching to remove tan from hands, but not only does it further spoil the skin but with regular use, creates problems in the long run. So, what is the solution to this dilemma? When bombarded with questions on how to remove tan from hands, just read these simple beauty tips & home remedies that are one hundred percent natural and easy to follow.
How To Remove Tan From Hands And Legs Using
- Lemon & Gram Flour Mask
- Cucumber & Yogurt Pack
- Masoor Dal & Tomato Pack
- Turmeric & Gram Flour Pack
- Papaya & Honey Pack
- Oats And Buttermilk Cream
- Orange & Yogurt Pack
- Potato And Lemon Juice
- Sandalwood & Milk Cream
- Pineapple & Honey Pack
- Tomatoes & Yogurt Pack
- Coconut & Fuller’s Earth Pack
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
- Saffron & Milk Pack
Quick Tips To Prevent The Tan:
- Avoid Peak Sunlight Time
- Wear Protective Clothing
- Wear Cap And Sun Glasses
- Wear A Good Sunscreen Lotion Or Cream
- Wash Face And Hands After Returning From Sun
- Seek Shade
Lemon Juice - To Remove Tan From Hands
Lemon juice is very beneficial for the skin. Being an antioxidant, it helps in eliminating all impurities from the skin and lightens the skin tone with the help of ascorbic acid, which is found in abundance in lemons.
Lemon & Gram Flour Mask
- Few drops of fresh lemon juice
- One tablespoon gram flour
- In a bowl mix few drops of fresh lemon juice with a tablespoon of gram flour and make a paste
- Apply the paste all over the hands and arms and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water pat dry
- This one of the best de tan pack for hands and can be repeated daily
Cucumber - To Remove Tan From Hands
Cucumber also helps in lightening the skin tone and hence can be used as a natural remedy to treat sun tan.
Cucumber & Yogurt Pack
- Pulp of 1 cucumber
- One tablespoon yogurt
- Few drops of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water
- In a bowl mix one tablespoon pulp of a cucumber with equal amounts of yogurt
- Add a few drops of rose water and make a paste
- Apply it on hands evenly and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and apply daily to remove sun tan from hands and other body parts faster
Lentils - To Remove Tan From Hands
Lentils are not just great for health, but help de tanning the skin as well. Masoor lentil in particular helps in scrubbing off dead skin cells and provide for a smooth and fair skin. It is one of the sure shot ways to remove tan from hands. Read more fairness tips.
Masoor Dal & Tomato Pack
- One tablespoon masoor dal (soaked overnight)
- One tablespoon pulp of a red, ripe tomato
- One teaspoon aloe vera gel
- In a grinder, make a thick paste of overnight soaked one tablespoon masoor dal
- To the paste add one tablespoon pulp of a tomato and a teaspoon aloe vera gel and mix
- Apply the paste on hands and arms gently, massaging for five minutes
- Keep the pack on for another 10 minutes and wash off with cold water
- Apply the pack once a week
Read more on how to use masoor dal face pack for skin whitening
Turmeric - To Remove Tan From Hands
Known for its antiseptic properties, turmeric is known as the golden spice. It helps in de-tanning of the skin as well as heals the cells that are damaged by harmful ultraviolet sun rays. It can be added to many other natural ingredients for a quick hand tan removal.
Turmeric & Gram Flour Pack
- A teaspoon turmeric powder
- A tablespoon gram flour
- Few drops of rose water
- In a bowl combine a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a tablespoon of gram flour
- Then add few drops of rose water and make a paste
- Apply the paste on hands and arms and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and repeat the process twice to remove tan from hands in a week’s time
Papaya - To Remove Tan From Hands
Papaya is a wonder fruit, for both the health of the body and skin. It is packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants and loaded with enzymes that work towards lightening the skin’s complexion and add natural glow to the face.
Papaya & Honey Pack
- One tablespoon ripe (mashed)
- One teaspoon honey
- In a bowl combine a tablespoon of ripe and mashed papaya with a teaspoon of honey
- Apply the paste on hands and face and rub gently for 10 minutes
- Thereafter, keep it on for another 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water
- So next time when you want to know how to remove hand tan, just quickly assemble this pack and apply at least twice a week
Oats - To Remove Tan From Hands
Oats are very good skin softening and lightening agents. They help scrub off the dead skin cells, along with removing sun tan from hands and face.
Oats And Buttermilk Cream
- Two tablespoons oats (powdered)
- Two tablespoon fresh buttermilk
- Few drops of rose water
- In a bowl combine two tablespoons powdered oats along with same amount of fresh buttermilk and few drops of rose water. Make a creamy paste
- Apply the mix all over the hands and gently massage for 10 minutes
- Keep it for another 5-10 minutes and wash off with cold water
- This is one of the best tan removal cream for hands and can be used daily
Orange - To Remove Tan From Hands
Love oranges? Now use them to get tan off your face and hands. This tangy and citrusy fruit is filled with goodness of ascorbic acid which helps in lightening the skin and hence it is one of the best ingredients for tan removal cream for hands.
Orange & yogurt pack
- One tablespoon orange rind, dried and powdered
- One tablespoon yogurt
- Few drops of orange juice
- In a bowl mix one tablespoon dried and powdered rind of an orange and same amount of yogurt
- Add a few drops of fresh orange juice to it and make a pack
- Apply the pack on hands and arms gently and wait for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process twice or thrice a week
Potato - To Remove Tan From Hands
Potato is an effective de-tanning agent. Its natural bleaching enzymes help in lightening even heavily tanned skin. If you want to know how to remove tan from hands in one day, just rely on this humble ingredient.
Potato And Lemon Juice
- One thinly sliced potato
- Juice of a lemon
- In a bowl mix thin slices of a medium potato with fresh juice of lemon.
- Gently rub the potato slices on hands and arms for 10-15 minutes, mostly on the affected areas
- Let the potato and lemon juice sit on the skin for another 10 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process daily
Sandalwood - To Remove Tan From Hands
Sandalwood is considered to be one of the best ingredient for removal of skin tan. It helps lighten the skin color and provide glow and softness to the skin as well.
Sandalwood & Milk Cream
- One tablespoon sandalwood powder
- One tablespoon fresh cream
- In a bowl combine one tablespoon sandalwood powder with the same amount of fresh cream and make a paste
- After bathing, apply this de-tan cream for hands everyday on affected areas
- See visible changes in skin color within a week
The moment you step out in summers, the harmful rays of sun not only dull your complexion but also causes tanning on other body parts. De-tanning can be quite a task as the effects of sun does not go away that easily. Tanned feet not only look bad, but the burnt skin also causes rashes, pigmentation and other problems.
Here are few simple home remedies that help de-tanning the legs easily.
Pineapple - To Remove Tan From Legs
Pineapple belongs to the citrus family and has plenty of ascorbic acid which naturally helps in lightening the skin and hydrating it.
Pineapple & Honey Pack
- Two tablespoons pineapple pulp
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl combine two tablespoons pulp of a ripe pineapple with one tablespoon honey and make a thick paste
- Apply the paste gently all over the feet and leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off the feet with cold water
- Suggest this one to anyone who wants to know how to remove tan from legs faster as it is effective and easy to make
Tomatoes - To Remove Tan From Legs
Tomatoes are naturally packed with lycopene which acts as a natural sunscreen for the skin. The antioxidants in them also work well to fight cellular damage and lessen skin inflammation, especially in the legs.
Tomatoes & Yogurt Pack
- One tablespoon pulp of a ripe tomato
- One tablespoon hung yogurt
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl combine one tablespoon tomato pulp with the same amount of yogurt and one teaspoon honey
- Mix it well and apply the pack on feet and legs and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off feet with lukewarm water and repeat the process twice a week
- This is the best anti-tan pack for hands and legs
Coconut Water - To Remove Tan From Legs
Coconut water is very good for skin. It hydrates the skin layers and cells and reduces tanning in the legs to a large extent.
Coconut & Fuller’s Earth Pack
- Two tablespoons coconut water
- One tablespoon fuller’s earth
- Few drops of rose water
- In a bowl take two tablespoons coconut water and add a tablespoon of fuller’s earth to it and make a paste
- Then add a few drops of rose water and gently apply the mask on the legs
- Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water
- Repeat the process weekly
Apple Cider Vinegar - To Remove Tan From Legs
Apple cider vinegar has lots of beauty benefits for skin. It is also useful in removing tan from the legs. Being acidic in nature, the vinegar helps in easing off the tan from the skin, retaining its softness and color.
Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
- Two tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl combine a tablespoon of honey with two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Apply the mask on feet gently rubbing on the affected areas and leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process weekly
Saffron - To Remove Tan From Legs
Saffron is one of the best ingredients when it comes to removing tan from skin. It contains anti-tan and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in preventing the skin from the effects of sun burn while adding natural glow to it. Its regular application lightens and brightens the skin tone. Read more home remedies for glowing skin.
Saffron & Milk Pack
- 5-6 strands of saffron
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Soak saffron strands in milk for some time
- Use cotton to spread the saffron infused milk all over the face, legs and other affected areas
- Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with cold water
- Repeat daily or till the time your skin has regained its lost texture and complexion
Quick Tips To Prevent The Tan
While we can simple churn a few home-made remedies to get rid of the stubborn tan, but here are few quick tips to prevent the tan in the first place.
Avoid Peak Sunlight Time
If it is very important to go out during summer months, make sure you avoid scheduling any activity between 10 am to 4 pm when the sun’s ultra violet rays are the strongest. Hence, there are more chances of you getting tanned.
Wear Protective Clothing
It is very important to protect yourself from harmful sun rays. Overexposure to UV rays of the sun can cause many dangerous diseases including skin cancer. Hence, it is important that one selects proper clothing when stepping out. One should mostly wear dark or bright colored clothes that have much higher ultra violet protection than light-coloured clothing. Also, when travelling under skin, make sure to wear full-sleeves and long pants so that most of the skin is not exposed directly to sun.
Wear Cap And Sun Glasses
Direct exposure to skin is dangerous and hence it is very important to cover and face and eyes as they are very sensitive. While outdoors, make sure to wear a cap and sun glasses to help curb risks of ultra violet rays. Do not purchase cheap sunglasses as they tend to do more harm to the eyes. Always buy glasses with UV protector in them.
Wear A Good Sunscreen Lotion Or Cream
In tropical countries like ours, the sun rays are strong enough to burn the skin, causing many ailments. Hence it is very important to wear a good sun-screen lotion or cream daily. Even if you are not stepping out in the sun directly, you must apply the sun screen daily.
Wash face and hands after returning from sun
After returning from outside, it is very important to wash hands and face, which are directly exposed to the sun light. It helps prevent burning of the skin.
Whenever possible stand under the shade when outdoor. Even though the shade does not block all UV rays, it can help provide relief from the heat and protection.
Apart from all the easy and simple home-made remedies for de-tanning the skin, you can also use anti-tan bleach like Dabur Fem Fairness Naturals Turmeric Herbal Bleach to get natural glow and flawless complexion even during summers.
Need more options on how to remove tan from hands and legs? Keep following our blog.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?