Latest trends, boredom, peer pressure; a lot of things influence women to experiment with their hair. Like all other experiments, all this is trial and error. While some haircuts look great, some hair colouring trials go flop. What one can almost guarantee is their effect on the hair, which is nothing but bad. Thus, it is important to remember that the hair is the weakest part of our body and the damage done to it, in most cases is irreparable.
Below is a list of must-nots that you must follow:
- Shampooing hair too often
- Excessive blow drying
- Using a straightening or curling iron regularly
- Changing hair colour frequently
- Excessive use of hair sprays
- Permanent hair treatments like rebonding, perming etc.
Here is how you can fix these problems, with the help of these hair care tips:
- If you feel the need to shampoo your hair more than thrice a week, try this wonder trick that can bail you out. Apply the juice of a lemon, mixed with a 1 teaspoon of honey to your hair. Rinse it with water in about 20 minutes.
- Another hair care tip is to massage your hair two to three times a week with Dabur Almond hair oil. This will bring back its lost strength and lustre. Dabur Almond hair oil is rich with 2 times Vitamin E and almond protein which nourish the hair from the roots and provide strength and reduces hair breakage.
- To reduce split ends, mix two tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of curd and add a drop or two of Dabur Almond hair oil. Apply this to your hair, leave it on for an hour and then rinse off with warm water.
- Changing your brush can change the way your hair is. Get a brush with soft bristles instead of hard ones. Brushes or combs with hard bristles cause hair breakage and thus you end up losing more hair each time you run a comb through them.
- Condition your hair regularly. This hair care tip is very important for hair growth and strength. Apply the conditioner only on the hair tips post shampooing. Leave it on for some time before rinsing it off.
- Eating foods rich in good fats, such as almonds, condition your scalp from within, reduce hair fall and promote shiny and soft hair. So, grab a handful of almonds each day and munch on them without fail.
Decisions regarding your hair should not be based on impulse. One must think, consider and only then decide to go ahead with a new hair colour, haircut, etc. Always consult a hair care expert before experimenting with the health of your precious tresses.