Home Remedies on How to Get Healthy Shiny Hair
The texture of the hair also affects the shine of hair and appearance of hair. If the hairs are dull, dry or frizzy, one has to first work on these basic hair problems to get shiny hair. Shiny hair is a sign of healthy hair and one has to put extra efforts to keep the hair healthy. Now the question arises how to get healthy hair? Getting healthy hair is not a big task, simple and regular hair care would do enough to give you healthy hair. The very basic factor that contributes in keeping any person beautiful is their diet. If you eat healthy, you will grow healthy. The skin, hair and every important part of our body needs certain specific proteins, vitamins and nutrients to grow healthy and strong.In case of hair, biotin is an important element to keep the hair strong and healthy. And biotin is ample of food products such as eggs, almonds, peanuts, wheat bran, avocados, low fat cheese, salmon and many more. Beyond biotin there are many other kinds of vitamins and proteins that are necessary for keeping hair good. And for that one has to maintain a balanced diet. Deficiency of any particular kind of vitamin in the body also degrades the health of hair. So, there are many factors that could affect the health of hair but the basic motto of every individual should be to eat healthy, protect the hair from known possible damages, and give little amount of care to hair. Some basic tricks that could help in keeping the hair healthy and strong are:
- Don’t shampoo the hair too often as it takes out all the natural oil from hair and makes them dull, dry and weak. It is advisable to shampoo hair once or twice in a week and not more than that. At beginning, one might don’t get habitual to the practice less hair wash but try and stretch the gap as much as possible.
- Try and use natural products for hair care as washing and caring hair with chemical based hair products is just a waste and damage. Sulfates, silicones, and alcohol found in various hair care products such as shampoo, hair conditioner, hair spray and gel are harsh cleaners and makes the hair dull and dry.
- Avoid taking harsh hair treatments such as bleaching, dyeing, curling, straightening, complicated hair styles and many more. All of them gives long term damage to hairs and makes them more prone to damage. Try and take natural ways to treat your hair like for drying, let the natural air do its work; don’t blow away the wetness with dangerous hair dryer. Similarly, for every hair treatment there are natural ways that could help you out in every situation.
- Protect hair from external or outside damage. There are various external elements that harm the hair adversely. The sun, environmental pollutants, excess of chlorine in water, and even the weather changes affects our hair. So try and give some protection on your part to hair. Like cover the hair with hat or some cloth when you know you have to be out in sun for long, use swimming cap while going in the swimming pool and other such factors.
Some home remedies for shiny hair for different types of hair are:
- For Natural Hair- Untreated natural hair that is curly, kinky and coarse in nature refracts the light instead of reflecting the light. To add shine to natural hair is easier than adding shine to other type of hair. Simply using the rinse, condition and serum method could add lot of shine to natural hair. One way to add shine to natural hair is:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Smoothening of cuticle and bends in hairs reflects more light and give a flawless look to hair. Apple cider vinegar is a natural smoothening agent and will add more shine to hair. Give an apple cider vinegar wash to the hair after shampooing your hair. To do so, add two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in one cup of water. Rinse the hair and scalp with the solution after every head wash and observe shiny hairs in few weeks.
- For dry and frizzy hair- Hair gets dry and frizzy due to various reasons such as excessive shampooing, hair coloring, hair bleaching and many more. And if you want to add shine to dry and frizzy hair, try to aim at repairing the hair simultaneously while adding shine to hair. One amazing remedy to add shine to dry and frizzy hair is:
- Beer Conditioning: Beer is a perfect ingredient to repair the damaged cuticles of hair and nourishing hair follicles. The protein content of beer adds shine and makes hair smooth. Give your hair beer conditioning by shampooing the hair with some mild shampoo and then sprinkling small amount of beer over the scalp and hair. Let the hair dry off on its own and the hair will look shiny naturally after this remedy.
- For dull and damaged- Hair becomes damaged and dull due to excess of sun exposure, use of heating tools such as dryer, blower, and hair straightening iron. On the other hand, harsh shampoo and chemical based hair products makes the hair dull. So, to add shine to such type of hair it is very difficult but not impossible. One of the magical home remedies for shiny hair is:
- Aloe Vera: For repairing the dull and damaged hair and adding more shine to it, Aloe Vera gel is an ideal ingredient. Being a great natural moisturizer, Aloe Vera gives a soft texture to hair by repairing the hair tissue. To give a shiny look with Aloe Vera, extract the four tablespoon Aloe Vera gel from the plant leaf and take it in a bowl. Ahead of this, add three tablespoon of curd and two tablespoon of coconut oil to the Aloe Vera gel. Mix all the ingredients well to obtain a smooth paste. Now apply that paste over hair and let it work for half an hour. Doing this practice once in a week will add shine and softness to dull and damaged hair.
- For fine or thin hair- Some people have thin hair by birth or they harm their hair unintentionally by some harsh treatments and chemicals. As a result of excessive usage of commercial products and heating treatment, the volume of hair decreases and hair gets extremely thin and weaker. To make the thin hair look shiny and glossy adopt the egg remedy.
- Egg: Egg is famous in the world of hair care and treatment. There are plenty of home remedies for shiny hair that starts and ends with egg. Presence of fat-soluble vitamins, fatty acid, nutrients and proteins in egg gives deep conditioning to hair and adds more shine to every type of hair especially fine or thin hair. And if you want to make the egg more beneficial for your hair, add some more amazing natural ingredients such as curd, vinegar and olive oil. One of the easiest egg remedy is to beat three eggs in a bowl and then add two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of vinegar. Now, apply this mixture over hair and let the egg do its wonder for half an hour. This mixture will give lively shine to your hair.
[Read 15 Simple Homemade Remedies for Dry and Damaged Hair ]
How To Make Hair Silky
How To Remove Dandruff
How to Stop Hair Fall
How to Get Shiny Hair
Was this Article helpful?