Hairstyles and Tips for Long Hair
24 May 2018
Straight hair has an edge over other hair types: it is very easy to manage and looks great on almost any day and occasion. Well that’s what most of us think. But women with straight hair have their fair share of hair woes too! They have to wash their hair more often and condition them regularly to avoid hair fall. So if you have straight hair and need some natural hair care tips, then we can surely help you out with our homemade remedies and tips.
Hair tips for straight hair
Maintain a healthy scalp:Use a mild hair cleansing mask to keep your scalp free of chemicals, pollution and dust. Since your scalp tends to be oily, it is more important for you to maintain a healthy scalp.
Avoid Hot water bath:When you have a hot water bath, it leaves the pores of your hair open and hence prone to weakness. Even if you have to take a hot water bath, make sure that you rinse your hair with cold water before coming out. Gradually come to cold water from hot water to avoid a sudden temperature change.
Use a wide-toothed comb:To reduce the risk of hair breakage, use a wide toothed comb while detangling your hair.
Natural hair care tip with olive:Heat Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil
in your bath water, apply it thoroughly to your dry hair, and then wrap hair tightly in a towel or cap. Leave the oil in for half an hour and then wash your hair using a shampoo. Your hair will be left feeling thick and silky.
Natural hair care tip for thin hair:If you have thin hair, follow the same procedure as above and use lesser oil as it can saturate delicate strands. The good thing about Dabur’s olive oil is that it is light and non-sticky, so it won’t weigh your hair down.
Homemade remedy for thick hair:Use a mix of olive oil, egg yolk, curd and lemon juice as a hair mask and wash off after one hour with a mild shampoo and cold water.Find various home remedies and tips for thick hair here.
Home remedies for dry hair:For especially dry hair, blend the olive oil with honey and then apply.Find various home remedies for dry hair here.
Home remedies for hair volume:Take an egg with 3 tablespoons of almond oil and a spoon of vinegar. Mix them well. Massage on scalp and wash your hair after 40 minutes.
Washing your hair:Wash your hair thrice a week if your hair tends to get oily very soon, greasy hair tends to look extremely lifeless!
Combing wet hair:When your hair is wet, the cuticles are open and hence prone to breakage and split-ends. Hence, first let it dry and then comb.
Trimming:Cut or trim your hair regularly, to avoid weakening strands and split ends which eventually lead to hair fall.
Hairstyles for straight hair:
- You can wear your hair open and wild. Just go for a trendy haircut with layers or steps to make it look attractive.
- If you can’t wash your hair and there’s an urgent event to attend, don’t worry. Simply tie your hair into a ponytail and rock the show.
- Don’t style your hair into tight ponies or hairdos all the time as friction leads to breakage of hair. Leave them open and enjoy the wind as it passes through your hair!
- Don’t opt for bangs if your hair is thin. This is not a hard and fast rule but many a times, thin hair with bangs looks very sticky. Learn more about tips on how to straighten your hair like a professional.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?