A Perfect Guide To Blow Drying Your Hair
Choose the right blow dryer
To begin with, it is extremely important to use the right kind of blow dryer. You should be able to adjust the temperature and the air stream. At least two settings should be available including a low-temperature setting. If you blow dry your hair too long or use the high temperature setting, the results may be dry, brittle hair with split ends and an irritated scalp. Bet you knew this hair care tip!
Blow-drying made easy
These styling aids and hair care tips will help you blow-dry your hair safely and properly with gorgeous results:
- Avoid using the high heat settings of your blow-dryer. The air stream should be hot enough to feel comfortable on the back of your hand.
- Keep the hair dryer at least 8 inches away from your hair.
- Set the air stream to low if your hair is fine to avoid getting tangles in your hair.
- To enjoy smooth cuticle layers, blow-dry every individual hair strand from the roots to the ends to make your hair healthy, shiny, and well-protected.
- Keep the blow-dryer moving constantly to avoid applying too much heat in a single spot.
- Divide your hair different sections and secure them with large hair clips or grips. Work your way up blow-drying so that you don't hit the same strand of hair multiple times.
- Whenever you wish to speed up drying your hair, during morning rush, use a higher setting for the air stream, not for the heat.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair immediately after shampooing. Let it dry for 15 minutes under a towel turban.
- Prevent exposing individual strands of hair to too much heat by spreading out the air stream with the diffuser attachment of your blow-dryer
- Once you are done blow-drying your hair, briefly apply a stream of cool air to give your hair more elasticity.
- Apply heat protectant creams or sprays to protect your hair from blow-drying damage.
- Also ensure you oil your hair with Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil before shampooing and/or condition your hair well every time you wash your hair.
Have a hair care tip you always follow while blow-drying? Let us know in the comments section.
Was this Article helpful?