10 Amazing Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Before adopting the remedies to treat frizzy hair, it is important for an individual to know what went wrong with their hair. The major reason that turn soft and shiny locks into frizzy hair is humidity and heat. Some of the other significant reasons for frizzy hair are as follows:
- Hair care habits: The daily hair care habits such as shampooing, brushing or detangling of hair matters a lot. If someone is doing it in a wrong manner such as detangling wet hair, shampooing hair too often or brushing hair in wrong way then it might turn hair frizzy. Wondering how? Detangling wet hair takes away the moisture from hair making it dry and coarse, which ultimately results in frizzy hair. Hence, one should observe their daily hair care habits and practice them in right manner.
- Hair styling: Hair styling is a common practice and trend. But doing this practice often or on regular basis is like torturing your hair. Styling of hair with various hot machines like hair straightening rods, curling machine, blower etc. and using hair styling products like gel, sprays and cream damage hair adversely take away the natural moisture of hair and put them under real trauma causing them to get frizzy in a very short span of time.
- Excessive use of hair products: No one is unknown to the harms of chemical based hair products. Using commercial hair care products on moderate basis is justified but using them on regular basis will eventually lead to damaged hair. Using these products on regular basis disturbs the pH balance of scalp and strips down the moisture content of hair, making it dry and frizzy. Hence, avoiding the excessive usage of hair products is the best way to protect your hair.
- Environment: The environment in which hair is exposed to on a daily basis also plays a major role in its damage. If hair is exposed to sun rays for long duration on regular basis, then it’s obvious that one will suffer from scalp irritation and dryness of hair. Other environmental culprits are humidity, cold breeze, dust, pollution and too much heat. All of them rip down the natural moisture content of hair making it dry and frizzy.
- Nutrition and diet: Last but not the least, nutrition and diet of an individual plays a significant role too. If the diet of an individual lacks vitamin, protein and nutrition then the hair will get weaker and prone to damage. If combined with lack of moisture and dryness of hair, all together will lead to frizzy bushy hair at the end.
Moving ahead from reasons to solution, the remedies for frizzy hair will help out in repairing the dry frizzy hair and bringing back its softness and shine. Here is the list of remedies to repair frizzy hair:
- Jasmine Oil: Jasmine oil has the power to lock moisture in hair strands and provide deep conditioning to them. Jasmine oil such as Vatika Jasmine Hair Oil is comparatively less sticky and lighter than other natural hair oil like coconut or olive and is effective in frizz control. The jasmine oil remedy is very easy to follow as the only thing one has to do is just boil one cup of jasmine oil and apply it evenly on hair. After application of oil, cover hair with a shower cap and then wrap wet hot towel over head to increase the moisture absorption. After half an hour, shampoo hair with a mild shampoo. Practice this remedy twice in a week to achieve the best results.
- Eggs: For moisturizing the frizzy hair naturally, egg yolk has ample of proteins and fat and on other hand the egg whites have special enzymes, which are helpful in clearing unwanted oil from scalp. To repair frizzy hair with eggs, beat one egg thoroughly and mix one teaspoon of olive oil in it. In this remedy, olive oil will work as emollient to lock moisture in hair. Apply this mixture over hair and leave it to work for half an hour. At the end, use any good nourishing shampoo such as Dabur Almond Shampoo to wash hair thoroughly.
- Banana: Another ingredient which is very powerful in locking moisture in hair is banana. Bananas are rich in potassium, carbohydrates, vitamins and natural oils, which will give a great conditioning experience to frizzy hair. It will also add shine to hair and prevent split ends problem. To use banana efficiently, prepare banana mask using ¼ cup of yogurt, one ripe banana mashed till no lumps and two tablespoons of olive oil and honey. After mixing all the ingredients properly, apply the mask evenly over hair and scalp. Cover head with a shower cap for about half an hour and then use a mild shampoo for head wash. Don’t forget to condition hair with any good conditioner of your own choice.
- Avocado: One rare ingredient to repair frizzy hair in few weeks is avocado. Avocado is known as an effective ingredient to reduce the dryness of frizzy hair. The major element of avocado which helps in reducing the frizz of hair is Vitamin E. And to give soothing appeal and hydrating effect to hair; the essential fatty acids of avocado are more than enough. Applying the mixture of one mashed avocado and little amount of olive oil to washed hair is enough to tame the frizzy hair. Remember to keep the avocado mixture over hair for half an hour and then clean hair with normal water.
- Beer: Well, it might not be one of the common ingredients at home but is surely an effective one for frizzy hair. Beer has all essential factors to repair frizzy hair such as amino acids, antioxidants, nutrients, minerals and moisture locking property. Using beer to reduce frizz of hair is very simple, just layer hair with beer by pouring down over scalp and hair evenly and leave it to work for few minutes. At the end, rinse hair thoroughly with cold water.
Read More Tips On:
How to Get Shiny Hair
How to Remove Dandruff Naturally
Hair Spa at Home
How to Stop Hair Fall
How To Make Hair Silky
Healthy Hair Tips
Long Hair Tips
Was this Article helpful?