5 Effective Home Remedies using Walnut For Skin Whitening
Walnuts are an amazing source of many nutrients and minerals that strengthen and fortify skin cells and make it look younger and brighter. Loaded with potassium, omega 3 and 9 fatty acids that give a flawless and ageless skin; including them in your regular beauty care regime can give you the skin of your dreams. Read following natural beauty tips.
Video: Oxylife Crème Bleach works on 5 skin problems to give you flawless fairness
- How Does Walnuts Benefit The Skin?
- Using Walnuts For Effective Home Remedies:
How Walnuts Benefit The Skin?
Walnuts are consumed in almost every part of the world and are versatile in their usage. Apart from directly consuming, they can be used in various face masks and packs that have an equal positive effect for the skin. Many cosmetic companies use walnuts in creams, lotions and scrubs but when there are natural and organic ways to use the dry fruit, why bother with chemicals.
- They are full of moisture and soothe dry skin
- Keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized for long
- Protects it against inflammations and harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun
- High in vitamin B, its regular consumption or application makes the skin look young and fresh
Walnut benefits for skin are immense and being high on antioxidants, keeps the skin healthy and flawless. Few of the advantages of using walnut are listed below.
Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fats that holds the key to combating the signs of ageing and giving you younger looking skin. For those looking to ease away signs of aging and wrinkles, walnut oil is the best solution. The oil is absorbed by the inner layer of skin and makes it soft while making lines and wrinkles and other signs of ageing disappear over a period of time.
Walnuts are good for combating a host of skin related infections and conditions that give rise to acne, pimples and irritation on the skin. Walnut oil for skin is amazing as it fights off bacterial and fungal infections, keeping acne and pimples at bay. With its regular usage, the antioxidants in walnuts will aid in cleaning the skin’s surface of any free radices and harmful toxins and wash off excess skin oil.
Helps Treat Skin Ailments
As you grow older, your skin starts getting exposed to a plethora of issues and if not controlled in time, there are chances that it may eventually succumb to them. Result- dull, dry and lifeless skin. So the easiest way to get rid of common skin problems is by using walnut face scrub that washes off all impurities, leaving behind a youthful, clean and glowing skin.
Is A Source Of Antioxidants
Walnuts are a great source of antioxidants and helps fight off impurities while healing the skin. The wonder nut that it is, it helps fight off free radicals that eventually damage the skin cells beyond repair and causes diseases like skin cancer. The polyphenols in walnuts help in making skin flawless and blemish free.
Using Walnuts For Effective Home Remedies:
There are many easy and simple face packs and masks that can be made at home using walnuts to give that dull and boring skin a new life. Few of them are listed below.
Honey & Walnut Face Pack
Walnuts and honey are powerful ingredients when it comes to skin care. Combining these two makes for a sure shot home remedies for glowing skin. Walnuts helps to keep the skin free of infections and honey moisturizes it from deep within, thus giving it a natural radiance.
- Two tablespoons walnut kernels
- One tablespoon honey
- Few drops of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water
- In a mixer, grind two tablespoons walnut kernels to a fine powder and to it add one tablespoon honey and few drops of rose water
- Mix well and make a smooth paste
- Apply the mask on the face gently massaging for 5-10 minutes and later let it sit for another 20-25 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for desired result
Walnut Oil & Gram Flour Mask
Walnut oil for skin promotes a smooth texture and soft skin tone. Mixing it with gram flour tightens the skin, aids in removing blemishes and dark spots and give the skin a healthy glow. It also helps fight off bacterial and fungal infections.
- One tablespoon gram flour
- Few drops of aromatic walnut oil
- Two tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, combine one tablespoon gram flour along with two tablespoons milk and few drops of aromatic walnut oil to make a thick paste
- Apply the mask gently and evenly on the face and neck and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off the face with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Always apply a moisturizing lotion like Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Lotion post the application of the mask as the gram flour tends to make the skin dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week for desired effect
Walnut & Coconut Scrub
Walnut face scrub is one of the most popular skin treatments. It helps clean away dead skin cells and promote new and healthier cells that adds natural glow to the skin. It also helps in keeping off the free radicals that can cause infection, acne, pimples and blackouts etc. Coconut also heals infections and inflammations and moisturizes the skin.
- One tablespoon walnut shells
- One tablespoon coconut oil (hardened)
- Few drops of rose water
- In a mixer, take one tablespoon walnut shells and grind coarsely
- To the powdered shells, add one tablespoon hardened coconut oil and few drops of rose water and make the scrub
- Apply the scrub evenly all over the face and gently exfoliate for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the face dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week for enhanced skin tone & complexion
Walnut & Cream Face Pack
This cream and walnut face pack is a treasure trove of skin care. It nourishes the skin from inner layers, keeps in moisturized for a longer time and helps in growth of new skin cells.
- One tablespoon walnut kernels
- One tablespoon cream
- Few drops of walnut oil
- In a grinder, blend one tablespoon walnut kernels into a fine powder and to it add one tablespoon fresh cream and few drops of walnut oil
- Mix the ingredients together to form a thick face pack
- Apply the pack on the face and gently massage for 5-10 minutes
- Let it sit for another 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process at least once a week for best skin results
Walnut, Papaya & Turmeric Face Mask
This face mask with papaya, turmeric and walnut for skin whitening is very effective. It includes all the natural ingredients that are full of mineral and vitamins, which are required for deep nourishment of dull & dry skin. Papaya hydrates the skin and gives glow while turmeric being an antiseptic helps in healing the skin.
- One tablespoon walnut kernels
- One tablespoon mashed ripe papaya
- One teaspoon turmeric
- In a mixer, blend one tablespoon walnut kernels into a fine powder
- To the powder, now add one tablespoon mashed papaya pulp and one teaspoon turmeric and make a smooth paste
- Apply the mask evenly on the face and neck areas and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off the face with cold water and pat dry
- Apply Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Cream to avoid dryness & add natural glow to the face
- Apply this mask at least twice a week to feel a younger and radiant looking skin
Need more information on how to get fair skin or how to use walnuts for glowing and problem free skin? Keep following our blog.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?