How to Care Your Feet & Hands With Homemade Scrubs
17 November 2014
When it comes to beauty, the world doesn’t just stop at your face and hair, your hands and feet need a generous dose of TLC too. So here we are, sharing some skin care tips that will make your hands and feet look just as good as your face. Read on for homemade scrubs that remove dead skin cells and leave you with beautiful and soft skin all over.
A refreshing peppermint foot lotion and scrub
All you have to do is follow these simple skin care tips:
- Step 1 – Collect the following ingredients: 4 spoons of brown sugar, 2 spoons of lemon sea salt, a small shea butter, 2 table spoons of olive oil, a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 small mason jars.
- Step 2 – Add the lemon sea salt and brown sugar in a glass jar, add a few drops of peppermint oil. That’s for your foot scrub. It should be slightly wet and have a grainy consistency. Make sure there are no lumps and you use dry hands. This is an important skin care tip.
- Step 3 – Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 – Take a generous portion of the scrub in your palm and rub it gently over your foot, concentrating on your sole.
- Step 5 – Continue the exfoliating process for about 5 minutes per foot.
- Step 6 – Wash your feet with lukewarm water.
- Step 7 – Now let’s get on to make the foot lotion. Melt shea butter over low heat until it gets liquefied. Stir it and allow the mixture to cool down. After which, whip it into a smooth cloudy mixture and spoon it into the second glass jar.
- Step 8 – With dry hands, scoop out a bit of the homemade foot lotion and massage it all over your foot, till everything gets absorbed. That’s it, you’re done! Your feet won’t just feel relaxed, they’ll also smell divine. Plus, you can store these 2 foot care portions for a few weeks.
A nurturing lavender hand scrub
Get set for a pair of pretty hands that are taken care by just following these simple step-by-step skin care tips mentioned below:
- Step 1– Gather these ingredients: sugar, virgin coconut oil, Dabur Gulabari Rose Water.
- Step 2– Now mix it all together to form a moist blend with no chunks at all.
- Step 3– Save the mixture in a dry container.
- Step 4– Next, add a few drops of lavender essential oil (you could substitute it with any of your favourite scents).
- Step 5– Rub this mixture on your hands in a circular motion. Remember to be gentle, you don’t want to end up with bruises.
- Step 6– Continue step 6 till the sugar dissolves and your hands feel slippery smooth. But don’t overdo it, you may not feel the burn right away but excessive scrubbing will hurt later on.
- Step 7– Now, rinse your hands with lukewarm water.
- Step 8– Towel dry.
- Step 9– Dab some Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Lotion. That’s that! You can make small changes to this homemade recipe and whip up a new scrub altogether. You could substitute sugar with coarse sea salt, coconut oil with almond oil.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?