6 Amazing Benefits Of Chia Seeds For Skin
A super food, a wonder beauty product, a one-stop-ingredient for any kind of health issues- there are many monikers that have come to be attached with chia seeds. Their nutritional and health value aside, chia seeds is truly that one magical ingredient that can put all your beauty woes to an end. Read following beauty tips for face & skin.
Nutritional Value Of Chia Seeds:
- Chia seeds are loaded with the benefits of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that help in keeping the skin bright, young and beautiful
- It comes packed with many other minerals and nutrients like magnesium, copper, iron and vitamins that are essential for growth of a healthy skin
- Chia seeds are also powerful stress busters that keep the skin happy
- These seeds are also a powerful replacement for those with dairy intolerance as they have a very high calcium reserve and make the skin glow
- Benefits Of Chia Seeds For Skin
- Chia Seeds Homemade Beauty Remedies
Benefits Of Chia Seeds For Skin
Benefits of chia seeds for skin are many and few of them are listed below:
Prevents Premature Aging
For those who have dry skin, there is always a fear of premature skin aging with fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet setting in earlier than usual. Chia seeds for skin not only moisturize and hydrate it but also give a youthful glow. Chia seeds being high in vitamin E helps in moisturizing the inner layer of the skin as well, delaying premature aging.
Being loaded with minerals such as zinc, chia seeds are the perfect antioxidants that heals the skin and keeps it free from all bacterial and fungal infections. It also repairs dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new ones.
Makes Skin Glow
Chia seeds for skin are miraculous as omega 3 fatty acids present in them aids in increasing the collagen levels of the skin and makes it look radiant and glowing. Chia seeds also help in increasing the skin’s elasticity and firmness levels.
Using chia seeds in the form of face masks or scrubs or by consuming them with water regularly can improve the quality of skin. It will also help in foiling acne and pimples that are caused due to excess dirt and bacteria. Chia seeds for glowing skin is often suggested by dermatologists and beauty experts because they have the ability to reduce excess sebum production on the skin and make the skin look fresh and clean.
Chia seeds not only perk up the texture and tone of the skin, but also retain and locks in the moisture from the inner layers. Chia seed oil for skin is very effective if applied regularly as it helps moisturize dry skin areas like elbow and knees, making them pliable and spongy.
Works As Natural Serum
Chia oil for skin is also a natural serum that absorbs in the layers easily and keeps them healthy and glowing from inside. Chia oil supports healthy cell function and keeps the free radicals at bay.
Chia Seeds Homemade Beauty Remedies:
Chia seeds are easily available and can be used at home to craft out simple and organic face packs and masks that can make any and every kind of skin appear radiant and glowing. Here are few of homemade masks that are easy and simple to make with positive results.
Chia Seeds And Honey Mask
Chia seed skin care is very easy to follow and can be prepared using a host of other ingredients that can make your skin look soft and supple. Chia seeds and honey are an amazing combination as both of them are high on their moisturizing and nourishing properties and keeps the skin hydrated for long.
- One tablespoon chia seeds (soaked in water overnight)
- One tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon olive oil
- In a bowl take one tablespoon of overnight soaked chia seeds and to it add one tablespoon honey and one teaspoon olive oil
- Mix well or till the time both the ingredients have come together to form a smooth paste
- Thereafter apply the mask evenly all over the face and neck area
- Let it sit for 20-25 minutes before washing off with cold water
- Repeat the process every week for well-nourished and moisturized skin
Chia Seeds And Egg Mask
Egg is known for its high protein content and anti-ageing properties. Along with chia seeds, it aids in adding elasticity to the skin and keeping signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots among others under check. Egg also helps to restore firmness of the skin and brighten its complexion.
- One egg
- Two tablespoons chia seeds
- Few drops of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water
- In a mixer, blend two tablespoons chia seeds to a fine powder
- To the powder, add one beaten egg and few drops of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water to make and make a smooth paste
- Before applying the mask, wash your face properly and pat dry
- Now apply the mask on the face evenly, and let it sit for 30-35 minutes or till it has completely dried
- Wash off with lukewarm water and repeat the process weekly for effective results over a period of time
Chia Seeds And Yogurt Face Mask
This yogurt and chia seed face mask helps in keeping the skin soft as a feather. Yogurt helps in moisturizing the skin, keeping it clean and infection free from the inner layers. Chia seeds does the same but with the added advantage of yogurt, this remedy is all you need to fight your dry skin woes.
- One tablespoon chia seeds
- One tablespoon fresh yogurt
- Few drops of fresh lemon juice
- In a mixer, grind one tablespoon chia seeds to a fine powder and then add one tablespoon fresh yogurt and few drops of lemon juice to it
- Mix well till the time all the ingredients have come together to form a smooth paste
- Apply the mask all over the face and neck area by gently massaging it in clockwise strokes for at least 5-10 minutes
- Thereafter let it sit for another 20-25 minutes or till the time it has completely dried
- Wash it off the face with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Follow it up with application of Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Cream for added softness and natural glow
- Repeat the process at least once a week for soft, supple & radiant skin
Chia Seeds Exfoliating Scrub
Chia seeds skin care with this amazing exfoliating scrub can only go a notch up. This scrub helps in removing dead skin cells and promote growth of new cells that bring radiance in skin. With coconut oil added to it this simple yet effective homemade remedy will help provide the required nutrition that would go a long way in keeping your skin healthy from inside.
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- One tablespoon chia seeds
- One teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl take one tablespoon hard coconut oil and mix with it one tablespoon chia seeds, that have been blended coarsely in a mixer
- Also add one teaspoon fresh lemon juice to it and make a thick scrub
- Wash your face clean before applying this face pack
- Take the face pack and apply on the face and gently exfoliate using circular motions for 10-15 minutes
- Thereafter leave it to sit on the face for another 20-25 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Repeat the process at least once in a week for desired results
Need more information on how chia seeds can be used for skin benefits? Keep reading our blogs.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?