Hairstyles and Hair Tips for Thin Hair
24 May 2018
Fine hair can make you look unhealthy and skinny apart from giving an impression of excessive hair fall. On the other hand, if you understand your hair type well and learn the tricks to manage it, you can use the texture of thin hair to your advantage. Check out these hairstyles which make your hair look fuller and compliment you, followed by a few natural hair care tips to help you in the longer run.
Hairstyles for thin hair
- Hairstyle 1: An A-line bob would look stunning on you. The trick is to keep your hair short as that gives the illusion of thick and voluminous hair. The moment you go for long hair, the thinness of your hair would be visible again. That’s why, an A-line bob is perfect for you as it masks the thinness of your hair and can be worn naturally with straight, curly as well as wavy hair.
- Hairstyle 2: Tie your hair into a rough pony tail. When your hair is tied, it’s tough to decipher whether it’s thick or not. This again makes it a good choice for you. Keep your hair cut in layers and get a fringe to make an amazing hairstyle.
- Hairstyle 3: A layered bob would look stunning on you as it creates the illusion of volume without making your hair too big.
- Hairstyle 4: Let it be. Yes, you can simply brush your straight thin hair and make a few braids here and there for added texture.
- Hairstyle 5: You can opt for bangs and then tie up your hair for a sleek yet chic look.
Natural hair care tips for thin hair
- Olive oil is a great oil for your hair as it simulates hair growth and makes your hair thick. Heat some Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil, apply it thoroughly on to your dry hair, and then wrap your hair tightly in a towel or cap. Leave the oil for half an hour and then wash your hair using a shampoo. This natural hair care tip will make your hair thick and silky. Since you have thin hair, use lesser oil as it can saturate delicate strands. What’s more this oil is light and non-sticky, so your hair won’t look weighed down.
- Use a mix of olive oil, egg yolk, curd and lemon juice. Massage it on your scalp and leave it for half an hour. Wash it with cold water for thicker and smooth hair.
- A healthy diet rich in protein and various vitamins and minerals is an essential prerequisite for healthy and thicker hair. Protein and B vitamins, in particular, promote thicker and longer hair. So, another natural hair care tip is to include more milk, eggs, yogurt, poultry, fatty fish, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and fresh green vegetables in your diet.
- Mix one-quarter cup of warm water in one-half cup of Indian gooseberry powder and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Apply the paste on your hair and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Do not shampoo your hair for a few hours. Follow this natural hair care tip every few weeks.
- Due to its high viscosity, castor oil it coats the hair thoroughly and protects against hair fall. Plus, being high in vitamin E and fatty acids, it promotes hair growth.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?