If there is one beauty solution that you can blindly swear upon to save the life of your skin in the harshest of winters, then it is glycerine! How and why? Read on to know how to use glycerin so that it can benefit your skin as well as add the much required softness, suppleness and moisture that it tends to be robbed-off during winter.
Benefits of glycerin:
The thick, colourless and odourless liquid that glycerine otherwise is, packs a punch when it comes to its usage for skin and hair treatment. Some of the most common and well-known glycerin benefits include:
- Using it as a toner & cleanser
- It helps retain water in the skin thus keeping it hydrated
- Helps remove clogged impurities and lighten & brighten skin tone
- Plays a vital role in cell maturation
- Works best on oily skin & aids in keeping it clean and infection, acne, pimples & blackheads free
- Skin smoothening
- Help heal cracks & dryness
- Has anti-ageing properties and its regular application adds elasticity to the skin and makes it look young & fresh
- Diluted with water, it makes for an excellent moisturiser for dry skin
- Nourishes and enhances the appearance of the skin
How to use glycerin for skin:
No matter what your skin type is, glycerin for skin is always a good option. If dry skin is your problem, regular use of glycerin will nourish it from deep within and aid in keeping it soft & smooth. For oily skin, glycerin benefits include cleansing the skin and keeping impurities at bay.
While there are multiple ways in which you can use glycerin for skin, how about trying out these awesome remedies that you can easily make at home. So, this winter, get set to bid adieu to expensive and chemically treated moisturisers and skin treatments and say hello to the wonderful touch of glycerin benefits on your skin.
Finding a moisturizer that would suit your skin type and also give you the desired results can be tough. But with this awesome glycerin moisturizer, you can throw the caution to the wind as the natural goodness of glycerin will make sure that your skin remains nourished, healthy and moisturised all day long and that too minus the side effects of any chemicals. To make this super smooth glycerin moisturizer:
You can use this mix to lather your skin with anytime of the day. Just gently massage the liquid till the skin has totally absorbed it. Regularly using this mix of glycerin for skin will make your skin feel healthy, smooth & soft.
- Pour 5 tbsps of glycerine in a bowl
- Add 2 tbsps of lime juice
- Mix well & store in a jar
Honey & glycerin face pack:
Glycerin face packs help in moisturising, conditioning and healing of the skin. Since glycerine also has skin smoothening and brightening properties, using it regularly in your homemade face packs will aid in giving you a smooth and naturally glowing skin tone and an even complexion. To make natural homemade glycerin face pack:
- Mix 2 tbsps each of honey & glycerin with 1 tsp each of Dabur Gulabari Rose Water and freshly squeezed lime juice
- Apply all over the face & neck
- Leave it for 15-20 mins
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Repeat at least twice a week for better results
Banana & glycerin face mask for glow:
- Mash 1 ripe banana to make a smooth paste
- Add 1 tbsp of glycerine and mix well
- Apply all over the face & neck
- Leave it on for 20 mins before washing it off with lukewarm water
- Apply Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Cream post wash for glowing results
- Repeat at least twice a week
Glycerin face mask for dry skin:
Dry skin is always craving a touch of something that will not only moisturise and heal it but also make it feel soft and smooth. Try this glycerin for face remedy if you want your skin to feel exceptionally supple. You can thank us later.
- To 1 tbsp of glycerin add 1 tspn of aloe vera gel & 2-3 drops of any vitamin E enriched oil like Dabur Almond Hair Oil
- Apply on the face & neck and leave it for 20-30 mins
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Glycerin benefits for hair:
While glycerin benefits for the skin are widely known, did you know that this super versatile beauty agent can also be used to smoothen and condition your hair? Yes! Regular application of glycerin hair mask not only adds natural shine & bounce to the hair but also make them healthy, thick & strong.
An effective and deep conditioning homemade glycerin hair mask can easily be made by adding 2 tbsps of castor oil to 1 egg and 1 tbsp each of glycerine and apple cider. Massage the mix gently on the scalp and from root to tip and let it rest for 40-45 mins before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Repeating the process at least twice a week will free you from the problems of dry & itchy scalp and split-ends and instead give you thick and shiny tresses instead.
Also read about various winter skin care tips
and top hydrating face packs for winter