Afraid Of Chemical Bleaches? Try These Easy Homemade Bleaches To Get Fair And Glowing Skin
We all dream of flawless skin but getting that is a real struggle. Many problems with our lifestyle, disease and even increasing pollution keep us away from achieving our dream. All these problems lead to an imbalanced skin tone and texture. There are many ways to brighten and lighten our skin, but most of the cosmetic ways are harmful in the long run as they are full of chemicals and additives and they can only damage the skin further.
Hence, the best alternative is to go natural. Using easy and simple ingredients available in the kitchen, one can perfect the skin regime to utmost satisfaction. Natural elements help in reducing lines, marks, spots, blemishes and other free radicals giving a flawless and beautiful skin. Here we have listed few effortless ways to prepare natural homemade bleach creams at home that help us achieve our skin target. These natural bleaches for face at home work faster and better than the chemical-laden ones we buy from the markets.
- How To Make Bleach At Home
- Aloe Vera And Rice Flour Bleach
- Gram Flour And Lemon Juice Bleach
- Rice Flour And Milk/Cream Bleach
- Blueberry & Yogurt Bleach
- Milk, Lemon Juice And Honey Bleach
- Gram Flour And Rose Water Bleach
- Potato Juice And Lemon Bleach
- Citrus Bleach
- Egg White And Lemon Bleach
- Yogurt & Turmeric Bleach
- Barley & Milk Bleach
- Tips For Applying Bleach On The Face
How To Make Bleach At Home?
Homemade Aloe Vera And Rice Flour Face Bleach
Aloe vera is one of the best natural ingredients for the skin. Not only it protects the skin from various harmful effects of the environment, but also helps in deep cleansing. Rice flour naturally helps in skin whitening and exfoliating dead skin cells. This face bleach at home works faster and is totally organic suiting all kinds of skin. Also, read more about how to use aloe vera for hair.
- One aloe vera leaf
- One tablespoon rice flour powder
- In a bowl scrape off one aloe vera leaf and take out the gel in water
- Keep the bowl aside for few minutes
- Add one tablespoon rice flour to the gel and make a thick paste
- Rinse face clean and thereafter pat dry
- Apply the bleach on the face and neck gently covering all areas
- Let the bleach sit for 20-25 minutes and thereafter wash off with cold water
- Repeat the process once in two weeks for best results
Homemade Gram Flour And Lemon Juice Bleach
This homemade bleach for face is one the best ways for a brighter, lighter and cleaner skin tone. While gram flour helps, in improving the tone and texture of the skin, lemon juice is a natural antioxidant and aids in getting rid of acne and pimple causing bacteria and fungi.
- One tablespoon coarse gram flour
- Two tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl take one tablespoon coarse gram flour along with two tablespoons fresh lemon juice and mix to make a paste
- Rinse off the face and gently massage the paste on to the face and neck using circular motions
- Let the bleach sit on for 15-20 minutes and thereafter wash off with lukewarm water
- Since gram flour tends to dry the skin, do not forget to follow the process up by applying a moisturizing cream or lotion like Dabur Gulabari Moisturizing Cream
- Repeat the process weekly for improved and enhanced skin tone
Homemade Rice Flour And Milk/Cream Bleach
Rice flour works towards giving you a softer, lighter and healthier skin. And along with milk and cream, it brightens the complexion and improves the skin’s texture and color. This natural bleach for face at home is easy and quick to make and wonderful to use. Both milk and cream are easily absorbed by the skin layer and moisturize it deeply.
- Two tablespoons rice flour
- One teaspoon milk
- One tablespoon fresh cream
- In a bowl, combine two tablespoons rice flour along with one teaspoon milk and one tablespoon fresh cream
- Mix well and make a thick paste
- Apply the bleach on the face gently and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off face with cold water
- Repeat the process once a week at least for desired results
Homemade Blueberry & Yogurt Bleach
Blueberries have the best immunity boosting assets that help in bringing glow to the skin. If you think on how to make bleach at home using these two ingredients, worry not. It is one of the simplest yet effective homemade bleaches.
- One cup blueberries
- Two tablespoons yogurt
- In a bowl take one cup blueberries and crush them to pulp
- Add two tablespoons yogurt and mix properly
- Apply the bleach on the face and neck and let it sit for at least 30-35 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry
- Repeat the process at least twice a month for desired effect on the skin
Homemade Milk, Lemon Juice And Honey Bleach
These three power-packed ingredients help to brighten and lighten the face, bringing a natural glow and softness to the skin. Lemon juice being loaded with vitamin C helps in reducing melanin, which causes pigmentation in skin. Honey and milk are natural moisturizes that hydrate and keep the skin supple. This face bleach at home is easiest to make with fantastic results.
- One tablespoon honey
- Two tablespoons raw milk
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl mix one tablespoon raw honey, two tablespoons raw milk and one tablespoon fresh lemon juice together and form a paste
- Apply the mix on the face gently and let it sit for 15 minutes at least
- Wash off face with cold water and feel the softness instantly
- Finish off the skin care regime by applying a moisturing lotion for best results
- Repeat the process weekly
Homemade Gram Flour And Rose Water Bleach
Gram flour as discussed above helps in lightening and brightening the skin tone. This natural bleach at home also helps in getting rid of acne and pimples as it clears off bacterial and fungal infection-causing germs.
- One tablespoon gram flour
- One tablespoon Dabur Gulabari Rose Water
- In a bowl take one tablespoon gram flour and add to it one tablespoon rose water to make a paste
- Apply the paste on the face and neck areas gently, by first massaging for 10 minutes and thereafter let it sit for another 20-25 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry
- Repeat the process weekly for best results
Homemade Potato Juice And Lemon Bleach
Of all the home remedies for bleaching face, this one is the easiest especially for those who do not have much time. Potato juice being rich in vitamin C is loaded with antioxidants that help in removing dead cells and free radicals. Both potatoes and lemons are natural bleaching agents and help in skin lightening and brightening.
- One potato juice
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- In a mixer take a potato and blend it
- Run the pulp of potato through a sieve and squeeze out its juice by pressing it with the back of a spoon
- Then add one tablespoon lemon juice to the potato juice and mix the two together
- Apply this liquid on the face and neck, by first massaging on for 4-5 minutes and later leave it on to dry for another 20-25 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
- Apply every fortnight to see marked changes in the tone and texture of your skin
Homemade Citrus Bleach
This homemade bleach for face hair completely cleanses and brightens the skin. Lemons and grapefruit are best known for abundance of citric acids found in them that also act as a natural bleaching agent. They also aid in tightening the skin. Cream helps in moisturizing while giving glow and softness to the tired and dull skin. Read more home remedies for glowing skin.
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One tablespoon grapefruit juice
- One teaspoon fresh cream
- In a bowl, take one-tablespoon lemon juice, same amount of grapefruit juice and one-teaspoon fresh cream and mix together.
- Apply the bleach on the face gently and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and feel the difference in terms of both texture and tone of the skin
- Repeat once a week
Homemade Egg White And Lemon Bleach
This is one of the best natural bleach for face at home using egg whites and lemon. Egg whites help in improving the skin tone and brightening it naturally. Lemon is also full of antioxidants and helps clean and clear the impurities even from within the skin.
- One egg white
- Juice of one lemon
- In a bowl combine together one egg white and juice of a lemon to make the bleach
- Apply the bleach on the face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat the process at least twice a month for best results
Homemade Yogurt & Turmeric Bleach
Yogurt has amazing moisturizing properties while turmeric aids in not just cleaning the skin of any impurities but also add a natural glow to it. Turmeric also comes handy when it comes to lightening your skin tone by few shades.
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon gram flour
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together
- Make a smooth paste
- Apply all over the face and neck area and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off the face with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least once a week for a period of time to achieve glowing and radiant complexion
Homemade Barley & Milk Bleach:
Barley is an amazing ingredient when it comes to elimination of dead skin cells and impurities on the skin. Milk on the other hand, moisturizes the skin and makes it look fair.
- 1 tablespoon barley flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- In a bowl, put both the ingredients together and make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on the face and neck area and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Thereafter, wash the bleach off the face using cold water
- Repeat the process weekly to notice improvement in your skin’s look and feel
Tips For Applying Bleach On The Face
While applying bleach on the face is a simple process, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind to avoid your skin from falling prey to any problems. Here are few things you need to keep in mind while trying out these home remedies:
- Always clean your face with water before applying anything on it. Impurities, dirt, grime and other chemicals need to be scrubbed out because otherwise there are chances of them entering the inner layer of the skin
- Never wash your face with hot water as it might not just burn your skin but also expose the pore on it to impurities and infections
- Do not go overboard with ingredients. Always add the amount as specified in the remedy. Adding more than the required quantity can harm the skin and even render the remedy ineffective. Balance is the name of the game and it must be maintained while preparing any remedy.
- Never straight away wash off a mask or bleach from the face. If it requires to scrub it off your face, then wet your hands first and then gently massage your face. You can even use a wet cotton ball to remove the mask off the face first and them wash if off with water later.
- Always follow up the bleach application regime with application of a moisturizing lotion. Most of the products used in the remedies tend to dry the skin and leave it dehydrated. To make your skin feel soft and supple, always pat dry the skin post wash and with gentle hands massage the lotion in circular motions. It will make the skin feel soft and look radiant.
Need more suggestions on how to prepare chemical free and effective bleaches at home and how to remove tan? Keep following our blogs.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?