Top 10 Ways To Use Curd For Skin Whitening Of Oily & Dry Skin
Curd is one of the most versatile kitchen ingredients that not only boosts a healthy body but works wonders for the skin as well. Every Indian household makes curd everyday and using it daily for skin care regime can help you get clear and glowing skin. Using curd for skin not only moisturizes it but also makes it soft, supple and radiant.
- Curd Face Pack For Skin Whitening
- Yogurt Benefits For Skin
Curd Face Pack For Skin Whitening
There are many home remedies one can churn out using curd along with various other easily available ingredients. Few of them are listed below.
Honey And Curd Face Pack
Honey and curd when combined together make an exceptional natural moisturizer that hydrates the inner layers of the skin, making it squashy and lustrous. It also helps to lighten the skin and get rid of tan that causes wrinkles and acne.
- One cup fresh curd
- One tablespoon honey
- In a bowl combine together one cup fresh curd and one tablespoon honey
- Apply the mix on the face, massaging gently in clock-wise motions and let it sit for half an hour.
- Wash off face with cold water and repeat the process once in every two days for best and quickest results.
Gram Flour & Curd Face Pack
This gram flour and curd face pack for skin whitening works best for those with sensitive skin. It cleans the surface of the skin and prevents acne and pimple causing bacteria and fungi. It also helps in getting rid of blemishes, hence lightening the complexion.
- Two tablespoons gram flour
- One tablespoon curd
- One teaspoon honey
- In a bowl mix together two tablespoons gram flour, one tablespoon curd and one teaspoon honey to make a paste.
- Rinse off face with water and pat dry.
- Thereafter, apply the pack gently covering the neck areas as well and let it sit for 30-35 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process at least twice a week.
Lemon & Curd Face Pack For Dry Skin
Lemon is packed with the goodness of vitamin C that helps in keeping the skin healthy and clear off pimples. It also helps in boosting the collagen production in skin, making it bright. Use curd for dry skin through this pack and you will see how it moisturizes and hydrates in the long run naturally.
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- Half cup fresh curd
- In a bowl mix together half cup fresh curd, one tablespoon lemon juice and zest of a lemon to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste on the face and neck areas and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process weekly for best results.
Curd And Turmeric Pack
Turmeric is an excellent antiseptic, antioxidant and anti-bacterial agent and hence using it for skin care regularly can enhance the skin color. Regular application of turmeric along with curd for skin can bring a radiant glow to the face. Use this natural face pack with curd and turmeric for fair skin and smooth texture.
- Two tablespoons fresh curd
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- In a bowl mix together two tablespoons fresh curd along with one teaspoon turmeric powder and form a paste.
- Apply the mask on the face and let it sit on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and repeat the process twice a week.
Corn Flour & Curd Face Pack
Corn flour helps in restoring the skin texture and gets rid of the tan as well. Use corn flour and curd for skin whitening through this pack which also soothes and moisturizes the skin.
- One tablespoon corn flour
- Two tablespoons curd
- In a bowl combine one tablespoon corn flour along with two tablespoons fresh curd to make a paste.
- Rinse off face with a cleaners and pat dry.
- Apply the paste on the face gently, covering all the areas along with the neck and leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off face with a mild face wash and repeat the process once a week.
Oats & Curd Face Pack For Oily Skin
Oats are known to be the best exfoliants that helps get rid of dead skin cells and follicles. Oats also help in healthy growth of new cells and removes blackheads. This oats and curd face pack for oily skin can make it acne free as well.
- Two tablespoons rolled oats
- One egg
- One tablespoon curd
- In a bowl, combine together two tablespoons crushed rolled oats, one beaten egg and one tablespoon curd to make a paste
- Apply gently on the face and neck areas and let it sit for 30-35 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply the mild moisturizer and repeat the process at least twice a month for best outcome.
Oats can also be crushed and mixed with curd and scrubbed on the face for 10-15 minutes to get the same glowing and clean effect on skin.
Tomato & Curd Face Pack
Tomato is also a great de-tan agent and along with curd helps in keeping the skin away from free radicals. Being slightly acidic in nature it also helps to balance the pH levels of the skin.
- One medium sized tomato
- One tablespoon fresh curd
- In a mixer, grind one medium-sized tomato to pulp and to it add one tablespoon fresh curd to
- make a paste.
- Rinse off face with a cleanser and apply the pack gently, leaving it on for 40-45 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process twice a week.
Cucumber & Yogurt Face Pack
Cucumber is an extremely hydrating ingredient that helps keep the skin soft and supple. We can drain off all the water from curd to make it into a yogurt and use it along with cucumber to get a clear and clean skin tone. One can also use yogurt for skin for an equally effective baby-like skin.
- One medium sized cucumber (grated)
- One tablespoon yogurt
- In a bowl combine together one medium sized cucumber, grated and squeezed to juice and one tablespoon yogurt.
- Apply on the face and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off face with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process weekly.
Potato & Yogurt Face Pack
Use yogurt for oily skin through this face pack which is extremely effective to remove tan and signs of aging in skin. Potato helps in lightening the skin complexion and yogurt moisturizes and soothes the texture.
- One medium sized potato, grated
- Two tablespoons yogurt
- One teaspoon honey
- In a bowl grate a medium sized potato and squeeze out its juice.
- Add the juice to one teaspoon honey and two tablespoons yogurt to make a paste
- Apply the paste on the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with the face with cold water and repeat the process once or twice a week.
Fuller’s Earth & Curd Face Pack
Fuller’s Earth of Multani Mitti keeps the skin clean by absorbing excess oil, maintaining a balance. It also improves the blood circulation and nourishes the skin from inside. This multani mitti and curd face pack for oily skin restores the lost glow instantly.
- Half cup fresh curd
- One tablespoon multani mitti
- In a bowl combine half cup fresh curd along with one tablespoon multani mitti to make a paste
- Apply the paste on face gently massaging for five minutes and thereafter let it sit for another 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and repeat the process weekly for best results.
Taking care of our skin seems not just very daunting but a tricky task as well. There are many remedies that claim to bring back the joy of feeling soft and beaming, but they hardly work. Just try out the above mentioned simple steps and feel the difference within days.
Yogurt Benefits For Skin
There are many yogurt benefits for skin and few of them are mentioned below:
Curd is known to be rich in lactic acid that helps in shedding process of the skin. It makes the skin fresh and healthy and hence can be combined with various other ingredients to use in scrubs. Use almonds and curd for oily skin as an exfoliator daily and feel the softness and suppleness within a week.
Prevents Premature Skin Aging
Curd also helps in preventing premature aging of the skin. It forms elasticity within the skin cells that nourish and growth healthy, giving a pliable outer layer.
There are various minerals, vitamins, essential fats and proteins in curd that help in nourish and nurture the skin to give youthful look.
Hydrates The Skin
The fat content in curd seals moisture in the inner layers of the skin, making it soft and glowing. It keeps the skin cells hydrated and removes pigmentation and dullness.
Soothes The Skin
Curd has a cooling effect on the skin and hence is the best way to heal sun burns in summer. It also helps in de-tanning. Curd reverses the formations of pimples and acne by washing off bacteria and fungus from the inner layer. It also helps get relieved of inflammations.
Lightens The Skin Tone
Regularly using curd or yogurt for skin care makes it shades lighter, improving the skin tone drastically. It also helps in smoothing the skin texture.
Makes The Skin Healthy
Curd has anti-bacterial properties that clean the skin, keeping the inflammations, pimple causing free radicals and acne at bay.
Gets Rid Of Blemishes
Curd is a natural way to get rid of spots or blemishes that most people suffer from these days. Blemishes are usually considered the first sign of premature skin aging and antioxidants in curd helps in overcoming that.
Curd is one natural ingredient that surely works towards a skin to die for. But if the lack of time to prepare homemade remedies is what you are pressed for, you can always try applying herbal bleaches like FEM De-Tan Crème Bleach, which is a natural way of reducing the effects of sun on your skin. Its regular application will also ensure that you gain even and lighter complexion, get nourished skin and stay protected from other skin problems like blemishes, dark spots, tan lines etc.
Need more details on how best curd can be used to treat tanned skin? Keep following our blog.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?