Cleansing Tips on How To Get Healthy Skin
Your skin has a natural tendency to sift through what is harmful and what is not. It acts as a barrier to keep out what it's supposed to (dirt and free radicals like environmental pollution) while restoring beneficial stuff (moisture and oils). By over-cleansing your skin, not only are you damaging your skin but also stripping it off the essential oils that make it healthy and radiant. And that isn’t a way to get healthy skin.
Despite making sure that your skin gets rid of all the dirt and grime that clog pores, you should be very careful of over-cleansing your and avoid making it too taut or too tight. Over cleansing can make your skin look dull and weary as a result of using products that are incompatible with your skin. You should also be careful of cleansers with alcohol which will strip skin off its natural moisture. Skin that feels taut and tight after cleansing is a clear sign that you may be over-cleansing or using too harsh a cleanser for your skin type.
Sings of over cleansing and tips for healthy skin
When you strip the skin’s protective barrier you end up with dehydrated and inflamed skin. Here are some tell take signs to prove that you are over-exfoliating:
- Excessive dryness/dry patches
- Flaking skin
- Uncomfortable stinging that persists
- Burning sensation
We hope you found our cleansing tips on how to get healthy skin useful. If you have suggestions to improve complexion, drop a comment below!
Things to consider
- The face, neck and chest require gentler exfoliation than other areas of the body.
- Dry brushing, washcloths, sponges, loofahs, exfoliating and power brushes are exfoliators, so it is better to not use harsh exfoliants or grainy scrubs along with them.
- While exfoliating with grainy substance, gently massage in circular motions on the skin.
- Do not scrub harshly and let the product or ingredient do the work.
Any kind of exfoliation thins the skin barrier, which can lead to moisture loss and sensitivity, so be sure to soothe your skin afterwards with Dabur Gulabari Rose Water and give it a rose like glow. Read our blogs to learn more on face cleansing tips & various beauty tips for face.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?