How To Use Potato For Hair Growth: 6 Surprising Benefits Of Potato Juice For Hair Growth
Potatoes are a great food accompaniment all over the world and have immense health benefits as well. But apart from its taste and ability to match up with all kinds of food, they are great for hair too. Loaded with the goodness of iron, potassium, fiber, protein and vitamins, potatoes help in strengthening the hair follicles apart from naturally covering the greys.
Potatoes for hair work as perfect antidotes for problems like dryness, split ends, dandruff and even hair breakage and loss.
- Benefits Of Potato For Hair
- Potato Hair Mask For Hair Growth
Benefits Of Potato For Hair
All parts of potatoes – from peel to juice to the pulp can be used to take care of the hair woes without much of work. There are various benefits of juice of potatoes for hair health, few of which are mentioned below:
Keeps The Scalp Clean
To use the juice of potatoes for hair woes one can simply rely on the vegetables to cleanse the scalp and unclog the hair follicles to deal with problems like dandruff and hair fall.
Grows Hair Fast
Potato juice and peel contain zinc, niacin and iron that help in fast growth of hair by nourish and nurturing the hair follicles. One must apply potato juice for hair growth every day for faster results.
Potatoes are acidic in nature and hence help in keeping dandruff at bay. Potato juice for hair can be beneficial for the scalp as well.
Potato acts as a natural conditioner by adding shine and luster to the hair. Using potato juice for hair softening is an ancient ritual in many civilizations.
It is very easy to make potato juice for hair growth at home, using simple ingredients. One just needs to peel a potato and mix it in a blender to make a smooth puree. Then strain it with a cheese cloth and squeeze out the juice in a container. Potato juice for hair can be used in various concoctions with egg and honey for promoting great health of the tresses.
There are various benefits of juice of potato for hair growth, few of which include:
Stimulating Blood Circulation
Juice of potato for hair when massaged gently on the scalp simulates blood circulation, getting rid of the impurities from hair follicles. This promotes a healthy growth of hair as well.
One can also use potato juice for grey hair, as the tuber is amazing natural bleach. It helps in bringing back the lost shine and helps new hair grow faster and thicker.
One can easily churn out various home remedies made from potato juice and peel that help to bring that awesome mane you have been dreaming of with just a twitch of your finger.
Potato Hair Mask For Hair Growth
Honey & Potato Hair Mask
This potato hair mask is the right treatment for dry and frizzy hair. Both honey and egg used in the mask work as excellent natural conditioners and moisturize the scalp as well, while the potato juice promotes healthy hair growth.
- One medium potato
- One egg yolk
- One tablespoon honey
- In a mixer, blend a medium sized potato and squeeze out its juice.
- Then add one egg yolk and one tablespoon honey to it and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp as well as the hair strands and leave it on for 40-45 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly for best results.
Onion Juice & Potato Hair Mask
Both potato and onion juice work as antiseptic for the hair and scalp, cleaning it off the bacteria and fungi that cause infections and dandruff. Both the juices also work as hair growth boosting potions.
- One medium sized potato
- One medium sized onion
- In a mixer, blend a medium sized potato and squeeze out its juice. Then churn the onion and strain its juice too.
- Mix the two juices together and apply on the scalp, gently massaging for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it sit on the scalp for another half an hour and wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process at least once a month.
Aloe Vera & Potato Hair Mask
Using potato peel for hair can be really beneficial through this mask. Both potato and aloe vera moisturize the hair, making them soft and shiny. Aloe vera also has anti-microbial properties that promote scalp health.
- Peels of a medium sized potato
- One tablespoon aloe vera gel
- In a bowl take small peels of a medium sized potato and mix them with one tablespoon aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture on the hair strands as well as the scalp and let it sit for 40-45 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly for best results.
- Potato peel for white hair coverage can also be used by simply rubbing the tuber skin on strands every month. It is natural and totally safe for hair texture.
Amla Oil & Potato Peel Hair Mask
Use potato peel for grey hair and see how vibrant they become. Potatoes work as natural bleach and applying the peel on hair can cover all greys. Add to it the goodness of amla hair oil, and what you’d get in return are strong, thick and black shiny hair.
- 2-3 peels of a potato
- One tablespoon Dabur Vatika Amla Hair Oil
- In a bowl, mix together small peels of a medium sized potato along with one tablespoon amla hair oil.
- Apply the mix on the hair, specially covering the greys and let it sit for an hour at least.
- Wash off the hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo and repeat the process monthly for best results.
- This mask works as the best potato peel hair dye, which is totally natural and helps in healthy hair growth as well.
Yogurt & Potato Hair Mask
This potato and yogurt mask helps to wash off excess oil from the hair. Yogurt also cleans the hair off impurities and moisturizes the scalp. Result: beautiful, problem-free, smooth hair and natural long hair.
- One medium sized potato
- One tablespoon yogurt
- In a bowl grate a medium sized potato and squeeze out its juice.
- Then add one tablespoon yogurt to the juice and mix properly.
- Apply the mix on wet hair, covering each hair strand properly and let it sit for at least an hour.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly for most effective results.
Lemon Juice & Potato Hair Mask
Both lemon and potato juice for hair growth work tremendously well, boosting the hair texture and growth. Both the ingredients also help in covering the grey hair naturally, giving shine.
- One medium sized potato
- Juice of one lemon
- In a bowl squeeze juice out of one medium sized potato by either blending in a mixer or grating it.
- To the juice add freshly squeezed juice of a lemon and mix them properly.
- Apply the mix on the scalp as well as hair strands and let it sit for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off the hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly for best results.
Need to know more on how to use potato juice for hair growth? Keep following our blog.
Natural Face Pack
Monsoon Hair Care Home Remedies
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?