How To Use Onion For Hair Growth
Hair is an important aspect of one’s beauty. Everyone yearns for soft, silky, long and strong hair. But due to various circumstances one may not be able to achieve it. We spend a lot of time and resources to achieve the desired look for ourselves, but due to harmful chemicals, most of the shampoos and conditioners do more long-term harm than benefits. What to do? Don’t lose hope and instead look for everyday solutions that will give you results as per your desire. For example, use onion to upgrade your hair’s health and achieve the dream of gorgeous and beautiful hair.
Recipe - Onion Juice Hair Growth Success
- Onion & Honey Hair Mask
- Onion & Coconut Mask
- Onion & Yogurt Mask
- Onion And Olive Oil Mask
- Onion & Curry Leaves Mask
- Onion And Rum Mask
- Onion & Lemon Mix
There are very easy and simple healthy hair tips & home remedies that one can fix with onions to solve all hair problems. To help you achieve your dream hair without much hassle, we have got you covered some easy-to-do onion remedies that you can try right away.
Onion & Honey Hair Mask
Onion strengthens the hair cuticles and helps in hair re-growth whereas honey moisturizes the scalp and hydrates it. Result: problem-free, gorgeous and strong hair.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Few drops of lemon juice
- If you are thinking on how to make onion juice for hair growth, it is a simple procedure. In a mixer, blend one medium onion into a paste and sieve it pressing out its juice.
- Add a tablespoon honey into it along with few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the mix on wet hair, starting from the roots to hair tips and keep it on overnight.
- Wash off the next day with cold water and repeat the process weekly.
- Onion for hair fall is a very easy and sure shot remedy.
Onion & Coconut Mask
Coconut is known for various benefits for hair including root strengthening and shine. Onion juice for hair fall can be combined with coconut to make a mask that does magic for the texture and health of the hair.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut scrape
- 1 teaspoon milk
- In a mixer, blend one medium sized onion and puree it
- Add one tablespoon coconut scrape to it
- Add milk and make churn again to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste on hair roots, gently massaging for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and repeat once a week for better results
Onion & Yogurt Mask
Yogurt moisturizes the hair scalp and locks in all the nutrients that help in stimulation of hair. Onion juice helps in cleaning the scalp and keeping it fresh and also reducing the incidents of hair fall.
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- Few drops of rose water
- Onion for hair re-growth can be used in this manner through this hair mask which helps in making brittle hair stronger
- In a bowl, mix a tablespoon of onion juice to two tablespoons yogurt and few drops of rose water
- Apply the mix on wet hair and keep it on overnight by wrapping a cloth on head
- Wash it off next day and repeat once or twice a week for desired result
Onion And Olive Oil Mask
Olive oil is known to provide the hair and scalp with all the essential vitamins and minerals that naturally help in strengthening the hair from root to tip. It penetrates deep into the roots to condition the hair inside-out.
- 2 tablespoons Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- In a bowl, mix olive oil with onion juice
- Apply the mix on hair roots and massage for 15-20 minutes
- Let the mix sit on the hair overnight
- Next morning, wash off with a mild shampoo
- Repeat the process weekly to see how onion helps hair growth
Onion & Curry Leaves Mask
Curry leaves help strengthen the hair follicles and also condition them naturally. Onion for hair fall when mixed with curry leaves forms a concoction of a mask them permanently helps hair become sturdy from the roots.
- Five to six curry leaves
- Two tablespoons onion juice
- In a mixer blend 5-6 curry leaves into a paste and add two tablespoons onion juice to it
- Apply the mix on the roots of hair and keep in on overnight.
- Wash off with cold water followed by a mild shampoo the next day
- Repeat the process once or twice a week for problem-free hair
Onion & Curry Leaves Mask
Onion juice hair growth success is sure shot when it is used regularly in your everyday hair care regime. When it is mixed with rum, the brew conditions the hair and strengthens the roots. Thereby, giving you strong and nourished hair.
- 1 tablespoons onion juice
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In a bowl mix rum with onion juice
- Keep the mix overnight in refrigerator
- Next morning, apply on the hair and roots and massage for 15-20 minutes
- Keep it on for another half an hour and wash off with cold water
- Repeat weekly
Onion & Lemon Mix
Lemons and onion are both rich antioxidants and hence help to the keep the scalp free from infections. It cleans the scalp and helps follicles and cuticles get strong. Onion for hair fall also controls & remove dandruff and prevents thinning and breakage.
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix onion juice with equal amount of lemon juice and stir properly
- Apply the mix on hair roots and scalp and massage gently
- Wash it off with herbal or mild shampoo and apply it every time before washing your hair for effective results
How Onion Helps In Hair Growth
With these trouble-free remedies at hand you can know how to use onion for hair growth and stop your hair from falling. But there are many other benefits of using onions in your hair care regime. Trust us when we say onion for hair growth is an excellent idea!
Onion is one of the most easily available and natural ingredients that work wonders for the growth of hair.
- Onion juice not only helps increasing the volume but also limits hair fall
- Frequent use of onion juice for hair growth strengthens the roots and follicles as well, thereby stimulating growth of strong and healthy hair
- Onions are naturally high in antioxidants and thus fight against bacterial and fungal infections
- Rich in an antioxidant enzyme called catalase that optimizes hair growth
- Presence of Sulphur in the onion helps get rid of the problem of hair thinning and breakage
- Antibacterial properties of onion help control dandruff and keep other scalp infections at bay
- Regular application of onion juice on the scalp is known to increase blood circulation in the head, thereby, resulting in follicles that are strong and well-nourished
Prevents Premature Graying
Onions contains good amount of the enzyme catalase that has antioxidants in them. They help in avoiding premature graying of the hair. One can also achieve an increased volume in hair by regularly applying the onion juice on the scalp.
Activates Blood Circulation
Onions, apart from adding strength and volume to the hair also help in increasing blood circulation in the scalp. This results in deep nourishment of hair follicles and promotion of shiny and healthy hair.
Antioxidant & Anti-Bacterial In Nature
Onions are packed with antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties that help in keeping the scalp fresh and free of many infections and itching. Since the infections are major cause of hair loss, onions are effective in that matter as well.
Increase Hair Volume
Many of us suffer from thin and volume-less hair, which can be treated effectively by use of onion and its juice regularly. Onions are loaded with sulfur that helps boost new follicles which in turn bring volume to hair.
While including onions in your hair care regime is a good idea, you need to take care of your hair beyond the obvious to maintain their health and shine. Regular oil massages, cutting down on use of chemically treated products and using mild shampoo like Vatika Health Shampoo can help keep hair woes at bay. Enriched with the goodness of seven natural and hair friendly ingredients like amla, almond, heena, olives, shikakai, reetha and hibiscus; it deeply nourishes the scalp to stimulate growth of thick, strong and beautiful hair.
Read Also :Healthy Long Hair Tips
Hair Fall In Monsoon
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?