Egyptian queen, Cleopatra used it as a part of her daily beauty regime, the Greeks and Romans used it to heal wounds, all cosmetic companies use it as a popular ingredient in face cleansers and sun blocks, aloe vera. Read on to find out how aloe vera can be used as a skin care tip for glowing skin.
Aloe For Acne
Aloe vera is rich in antibacterial properties which make it very effective in treating acne, reducing redness, inflammation and itching. Aloe contains Saponins which kill acne causing bacteria. The acid unclogs pores, maintains the pH balance and eliminates zits. The astringent quality of aloe removes excess oil and prevents your skin from breaking out. Aloe also injects essential nutrients into the skin and helps in skin regeneration, thereby lightening acne scars and giving you glowing skin.
So now that you know how beneficial aloe vera is for acne, let’s find out how to use it with these skin care tips:
- How to Use Aloe Gel
- Step 1 – Squeeze out the gel from a freshly cut aloe
- Apply it on your freshly cleansed face, focussing on acne scars
- Leave it on overnight and wash the next morning
- How to Use Aloe As a Face Wash
- Step 1 – Mix 1 spoon of aloe vera gel with 1 spoon of almond milk and a few drops of lemon
- Step 2 – Apply this mixture all over your wet face
- Step 3 - Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse
- How to Use Aloe Gel As a Facial Mask
- Step 1 – Make a smooth paste of aloe vera gel, honey,Dabur Gulabari Rose Water and a pinch of turmeric
- Step 2 - Apply it over affected areas
- Step 3 – Keep it on for 20 minutes and the wash it off.
- How to Use Aloe Juice for Acne
- If you thought only the gel is effective in treating acne, you are wrong. Mix aloe gel with water and apply the juice on your face using a cotton ball, like a toner to nourish your skin on the go.
Aloe For Makeup Removal
- How to Consume Aloe Internally
- Drink a shot of freshly squeezed aloe vera juice every day on empty stomach for naturally glowing skin.
Not just acne, aloe can be used to get the makeup off your eyes without making it too dry. Plus you save your eyes from harsh chemicals too. All you have to do is, pour a few drops of aloe gel onto a cotton ball and wipe away.
Aloe For Soothing
If you don’t have access to fresh aloe gel, you can fill your ice tray with aloe vera gel and freeze it too. Every time you wax, have an insect bite or too much sun exposure, follow this skin care tip- pop out a cube and rub it over the affected area to soothe it.