Harmful Effects of the Sun Exposure
30 August 2016
Excessive exposure to sunlight is harmful and can damage the skin beyond repair. Some of this damage might be short-lived, such as sunburn. But if you allow your skin to keep burning in the summer heat, it can cause some serious future problems, such as skin cancer due to long-term skin damage. Here are some of the focal problems caused by the sun and skin care tips on avoiding sun-related issues.
- Sunburn: A short-term overexposure to the sun can cause your skin to burn making it red, hot and painful. After a few days the burnt skin may peel off. A cool shower or bath will help. Try this skin care tip of soothing your skin with Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Lotion as it helps cool the skin by counteracting skin dryness and tightness.
- Heat exhaustion: This occurs when the temperature inside the body (rises to up to 40°C (104°F). A normal temperature is about 37°C. At these temperatures, you may feel sick and develop headaches, sweat excessively and feel faint. This happens because the body is losing water and becoming dehydrated. If untreated, heat exhaustion can progress to heat stroke, which can be serious. A quick remedy to heat exhaustion is to move swiftly to a cool place, out of direct sunlight, and to drink plenty of cool fluids. Recovery should happen quickly, usually within 30 minutes, and there are no long-term complications.
- Heatstroke/sunstroke: Heatstroke occurs when the core body temperature rises above 40°C. It is potentially very serious! The cells in the body begin to break down and important bodily functions stop working. Symptoms include being sick, confusion, fast shallow breathing and loss of consciousness. In case you get one of these or see someone with similar symptoms, you should immediately call for medical help. Treatment for heatstroke in a hospital involves cooling the body to lower the core temperature, and using an intravenous drip to replace the fluids lost.
- Skin damage: Prolonged exposure to too much sun over a number of years can cause some serious damage to skin. The effects of sun damage include premature skin ageing and wrinkling, brown spots, warty growths on the skin and skin cell damage. To catch these problems at the root, just use Dabur Gulabari Rose Water every day to replenish your skin’s lost moisture and experience a rose like glow every time you step outside in the sun.
- Skin cancer:
About 8 to 9 skin cancers in 10 are believed to be caused by an excessive exposure to the sun. Irrespective of the age, everyone should protect their skin, but it is even more vital to protect children. Despite skin cancer being rare children, it’s extremely important to protect children from excessive sun exposure during childhood as it increases the risk of developing skin cancer in adult life. Therefore, take extra care with children, and keep babies out of the sun.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?