Top 6 Chocolate Benefits For Skin: Give Your Skin A Chocolate Treat With These Fantastic Chocolate Face Masks
Who can say no to chocolates? Apart from satiating our taste buds, chocolates have been a booster for energy as well as our skin. Chocolates not only soothe the skin but also are also known for their therapeutic properties. Chocolate benefits for skin are innumerable that include shooing away acne and pimples and helping to get rid of spots and marks. It is also one of the best natural tan removals and protects the skin from harmful ultraviolent rays. Chocolates can be used in various ways for skin treatment, and the easiest and fastest way is through homemade face packs that can be used for all skin types and concerns.
- Chocolate Face Pack
- Dark Chocolate Benefits For Skin
Chocolate Face Pack
Here are a few chocolate face masks and packs listed for a fun skin care regime.
Chocolate Face Pack With Honey
It does sound like a divine combination, doesn’t it? Both chocolate and honey have moisturizing and skin hydrating properties. Honey adds nourishment and enhances the texture of the ski while giving you an even complexion. A good remedy for dry and dull skin, this chocolate and honey mask, when applied regularly can give you a beautiful and glowing skin over a period of time.
- One tablespoon honey
- Two tablespoons chocolate powder
- Few drops of milk
- In a bowl mix together two tablespoons chocolate powder, one tablespoon honey and few drops of milk and make a running consistency paste
- Apply the mask evenly on the face and neck areas and leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Repeat the process once or twice a week for best results
Chocolate Face Pack With Lemon
For those who have oily skin suffer from pimples and acne frequently. Hence this mask is best to get rid of all impurities in the skin. This chocolate face mask benefits include fighting off excess oil secretion from the sebaceous glands and help in getting rid of the bacteria that causes skin infections.
- One bar of dark chocolate (melted using double boiler method)
- Dried peel of one lemon
- Few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Take melted chocolate in a bowl and to it add powdered dried lemon peel and few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Apply the pack on the face and neck areas evenly and keep it on for 30-35 minute.
- Thereafter, wash off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process once a fortnight for improved skin
Note: Chocolate has the tendency to dry the skin so always remember to follow up the process by massaging your skin with a moisturizing cream like Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Cream for added softness and rose like natural glow.
Dark Chocolate Face Pack With Fuller’s Earth
Dark chocolate for skin is a good idea as it adds glow to the skin and rejuvenates it to make it look fresh & young. Along with fuller’s earth, it absorbs excessive skin oil and keeps the face clean and free from harmful bacteria. Also, antioxidants in orange juices make the skin lively and supple.
- One bar of dark chocolate (melted using double boiler technique)
- One tablespoon fuller’s earth or multani mitti
- One teaspoon fresh orange juice
- In a bowl, take one bar of melted dark chocolate and to it add one tablespoon fuller’s earth or multani mitti and one teaspoon fresh orange juice and mix well
- Apply evenly on face and neck areas and leave it on for 30-35 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat the process at least once a week to reveal fresh and younger looking skin over a period of time
Chocolate Face Mask With Egg
This chocolate face pack benefits are immense as along with skin tightening and toning, it also helps in reducing fine lines and other signs of premature aging.
- Two tablespoons chocolate powder
- One egg yolk
- Few drops of fresh milk
- In a bowl break an egg and separate yolk from it.
- Add two tablespoons chocolate powder in the yolk and beat it well
- Add few drops of milk as well and whisk properly
- Apply a thick layer of the mask all over the face & neck area and keep it on for at least 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and repeat the process at least once a month for desired effects on the skin
Chocolate Face Mask With Walnut
Walnuts are the best way to keep skin elasticity intact. It helps in moisturizing the skin and unclog pores to keep impurities and bacteria away. This Dairy Milk chocolate face pack clears out blackheads and whiteheads and keeps the skin hydrated.
- One bar of Dairy Milk chocolate, melted thorough the double boiler technique
- Two tablespoons walnut kernels
- Crush walnut kernels in a mixer and make a coarse powder
- In a bowl take melted Dairy milk chocolate and to it add coarsely crushed walnut kernels and mix well
- Start scrubbing the face gently with the mask by gently massaging it for 10-15 minutes in clockwise motion
- Wash it off with warm water and pat the skin dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week for soft and supple skin
Chocolate Face Mask With Sea Salt
This Sea Salt and chocolate face pack works best as a toner for all skin types. It also aids in maintaining the complexion and texture of the skin while exfoliating dead skin cells and pores off the surface of the skin, keeping them open and helping the skin to breathe. If glowing and radiant skin is what you desire, this is the face pack you must try and include in your beauty regime.
- One tablespoon coarse sea salt
- One tablespoon cocoa powder
- Few drops of cold milk
- In a bowl combine one tablespoon cocoa powder with the same amount of coarse sea salt and few drops of milk
- Mix well and make a thick paste
- Apply the paste all over the face and neck area and gently massage it in circular motion for 5-10 minutes
- Let the mask sit for another 20-25 minutes till it dries up
- Thereafter, wash face with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least once a week to gain natural glow on the face
Dark Chocolate Benefits For Skin
The above-mentioned chocolate face masks are an effective way to keep the skin young and radiant. But there is a lot more to chocolate than meets-the eye. Yes, naysayers may say it leads to weight gain, but if had in moderate quantities, it can actually do wonders for your overall health and well-being. Don’t believe us? Read below the many benefits a small bar of chocolate can provide you that can go a long way in keeping your body and skin healthy.
Gets Rid Of Eczema
Eczema is a very common skin problem that occurs due to unhealthy skin. Chocolate when used on skin helps in reducing inflammation thereby getting rid of problems like eczema and frequent occurrence of acne and pimples.
Rich In Protein
Our skin needs a lot of protein to remain healthy and so applying chocolate can help in making it healthy and glowing.
Hydrates And Detans
Chocolate hydrates and moisturizes the skin and helps in making it soft and supple. It also nourishes the skin cells and promotes the growth of new, healthy cells. It also works against the harmful ultraviolent rays protecting from severe skin problems like cancer.
Reduces Collagen Breakdowns
Being full of antioxidants, chocolate helps in keeping the infections, both on the outside and inside the skin away. Chocolate contains minerals like copper, zinc and iron that promote and regulate growth of healthy cells and reduces collagen breakdowns which delay all signs of premature aging.
Increases Skin Thickness
Dark chocolate for skin is like a magic potion. It not only helps keeping it malleable and supple, but also helps in increasing the thickness of inner layer, keeping it healthy as well.
Improves Blood Flow
The antioxidants and flavonoids help in regulating blood circulation in the skin, keeping it healthy and glowing.
Need more information how to make chocolate face masks for glowing, radiant and beautiful skin? Keep reading our blogs.
Read Also :
Tips For Long Hair In One Month
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?