Benefits of Drinking Warm Honey-Lemon Water
Drinking honey and lemon mixed with warm water, every morning, on an empty stomach is often recognized as one of the best way to lose weight. But this mixture, if had at the right time in the day, can do much more than help you reach your weight loss goal. Here are 6 ways in which a mixture of honey, lemon juice and warm water can help act as a beauty tip that keeps you fit and healthy.
- Aids Digestion and Cleansing - It detoxifies your body by flushing out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It also helps in digestion by clearing out the digestive track. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
- Boosts Immune System - Helps fight cold with its high vitamin and potassium content, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
- Clears Skin - Honey and lemon act as antioxidants that helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes while combating free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin and also helps in reducing acne or rashes while honey makes your skin supple and glowing.
- Energizes and Enhances Your Mood - They aroma of honey-lemon has a mood enhancing effect due to its energizing properties. It provides your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. Consuming warm honey-lemon water can brighten your mood and help clear your mind while reducing anxiety or depression.
- Freshens Breath - Besides refreshing your breath, a honey-lemon mix is also known to help relieve tooth and gum pain. But be careful, as it can damage your tooth enamel if the lemon is used in excess. Make sure to rinse your mouth with water before brushing your teeth.
- Helps in Weight Loss - Last but not the least, honey-lemon water is an excellent natural home remedy for obesity and lowering of cholesterol levels. Fasting on honey and lemon-juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. For this natural cure, mix one teaspoon of raw honey with two teaspoons of lime or lemon juice in a glass of warm water (not boiling hot water!). Take this remedy as a wake-up drink once in the morning on an empty stomach. You can also take it as an effective digestive and detox tonic after lusciously spread feasts and oily meals. And of course, always keep in mind that it’s equally important to follow a healthy diet and a regular exercise regime over the long run to keep yourself healthy and hearty.
Fairness Face Pack
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?