All About Pimples, Acne, Blemishes And Blackheads
Acne is one of the most troublesome and common skin problems for people around the world—and not just during their teenage years! Regardless of your age, gender, skin type, the cause of acne is the same. The reasons that cause acne are:
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Overproduction of oil by the sebaceous glands. Your oil glands are an important site for the formation of active androgens that control oil production.
- Irregular or excessive shedding of dead skin cells, both on the surface of the skin and inside the pore.
- Build-up of bacteria in the pore, leading to inflammation.
- Reaction to makeup, irritating skin-care ingredients, specific foods (rarely), allergies, or medicines.
Blemishes are the marks created due to acne. Pimples and blackheads are a type of blemish itself. This is how it is caused: Inside an oil gland, a type of bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) finds a perfect environment for growth. Dead skin cells and excess oil in the oil gland provide just the kind of conditions that P. acnes needs to grow. As this bacteria settles in, thanks to an abundant supply of sebum (oil), it reproduces, which causes irritation and inflammation. That's why most blemishes are red and swollen.
Blackheads form when oil and dead skin cells trapped in the pore lining make their way to the pore opening. When this oil plug makes it to the skin's surface and is exposed to air, it oxidizes, creating black dots, most commonly seen on the nose, chin, or centre of the forehead. Blackheads are not related to dirt or general hygiene.
Regular Pimples (Papules)
This is the mildest type of acne lesion. Papules are pink to slightly red bumps with a soft white surface filled with fluid and oil. They can be sore to the touch. Papules occur when a clogged pore ruptures, bacterial growth causes inflammation, and white fluid pushes to the surface.
Large Pimples (Pustules)
When pimples become large, engorged, and swollen, a papule has become a pustule. Most teens dealing with acne have a combination of papules and pustules.
- Use rose water to clean your face. Dabur Gulabari Rose Water is a natural toner, cleanser and moisturiser for your skin. Use it daily in the morning and before going to bed for glowing skin and significant results.
- Say goodbye to blackheads with this skin acre tip. Apply a thin layer of toothpaste over the blackheads and leave it for 25 minutes. Now wash your face gently with warm water. Repeat this remedy for two weeks.
- Use a targeted facial mask. Use a facial mask once a week that is formulated for acne or oily skin. Finding one with tea tree or mineral clay is a good start. If your cheeks tend to be dry, only apply on your T-zone to ensure you don't dry out your cheeks.
- Exfoliate once a week. It helps in loosening of the pores which removes dirt and oil.
- Homemade pack with Rose water. Mix Dabur Gulabari Rose Water with some sandalwood powder to make a smooth paste and apply it on your skin to diminish the blemishes and get a glowing skin.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?