8 Benefits of Turmeric for Skin
30 August 2016
Turmeric or haldi is a spice commonly used in Indian households for cooking and medical remedies. It has therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties which naturally benefit the body. A testament to its benefits is the haldi ceremony organised before weddings in India during which haldi paste is applied on the bride and groom. It is considered auspicious and it even cleanses their skin giving a natural glow on their special day. So if you are willing to give turmeric a try, here is a list of benefits of turmeric for skin:
- In case of burns, your mom or grandmother must have smeared turmeric paste to give you relief. Its antiseptic properties help in healing the burn and in removing the mark. You can apply a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel on the burn and expect the wound to heal in no time.
- Here’s a fairness tip for all girls who wish to evade the effects of tanning and pollution. Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and rose water for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water. This should be done regularly for beneficial results.
- Turmeric helps in lightening stretch marks. Simply apply a mixture of besan (gram flour) and turmeric with milk and a bit of oil on the stretch marks.
- Inhibit facial hair growth using turmeric. Make a facial scrub by mixing it with besan (gram flour) and add some rose water. Applying this on your face can reduce facial hair growth. This paste should be applied consistently for about a month to get effective results.
- Now here’s a skin care tip for your feet. Turmeric is an excellent healing agent. If you have cracked heels, you can apply a mixture of 3 spoons of turmeric with a few drops of coconut or castor oil on your heels for 10 to 15 minutes before taking a bath. Doing this regularly will soften your heels.
- Embrace another fairness tip with turmeric. Apply a paste made from turmeric and milk or yoghurt on your face. Leave the mask overnight and rinse it off the next morning using a light cleanser. Alternatively, just add a pinch of turmeric to your moisturiser and cleanse the next morning. This should be done twice a week to get beautiful, fair and younger looking skin.
- Being a natural antiseptic, turmeric with milk is effective in treating skin conditions caused by poison ivy, eczema and psoriasis. Eczema is quite itchy and painful disease characterized by red scaly patches on skin. Regular application of a mixture made of turmeric with milk can soothe the skin and reduce redness and inflammation.
- Make a paste by mixing gram flour and turmeric with water and apply it on your body. Scrub gently while taking a bath. Doing this regularly can rid you of dead cells to give you glowing and spotless skin. Applying a mixture of turmeric and milk on your face and lips can cleanse your face as well as act as a healing agent on your lips to treat dry and chapped lips.
Read Also:Masoor Dal Face Pack For Fairness
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?