6 Vital Skin Care Routine for Your 20s
30 September 2015
It is important to determine your skin type and accordingly, a regular skincare routine as early as possible. Once you are out of the teenage phase of a hormonal-driven, uncertain skin type, you will get a clearer picture of what works for your skin. Which is why your twenties is the best time to incorporate a balance in taking care of your skin. The sooner you start, the more you will be able to delay the effects of ageing and the more gratitude your skin will show you.
We have come up with these 6 natural skin care routine tips for your 20s :
- Don’t sleep with makeup on - Sleeping with your makeup on is a sin for your skin. It really needs to be avoided, because far too many people seem to do it, without realising how bad it is for their skin. Even if you stumble back to your house at an ungodly hour after work or partying, force yourself into the habit of cleaning your makeup off before sleeping. If you don’t, you will breakout and damage your skin severely.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen - Make your sunscreen your new buddy. Sun damage really cannot be completely undone. It is therefore very important to protect your skin whenever you step outside. Make sure that you lather on sunscreen on every exposed part of your body and replenish it twice a day. It may not seem like a big deal right now, but you will notice a marked difference as you age.
- Cleansing, toning, moisturising - The Holy Grail of skincare is CTM, or cleanse, tone and moisturise. Making a regular habit of it will ensure that your skin is cleaned, protected against potential infection and well hydrated. Find the products that suit your skin type. The more natural the product, the better it will be for your skin in the long run.
- Dealing with pimples - Do NOT pop pimples. In fact, should pimples breakout on your skin, don’t fidget with it in any way. Doing so will lead to redness and scars, leaving a permanent mark on your face. The best way to deal with it is to dab some acne blasting cream and to leave it for some time. In fact, even if you don’t do anything to it, it will live out its natural cycle and dry out on its own.
- Try nightly serums - If you wake up in the morning and realise that your skin feels parched, it is time to add a nightly serum to your skincare routine. In fact, if you don’t feel like that has happened to you yet, incorporate a serum anyway. Prevention is after all, better than cure. A serum is very hydrating in nature, it will make your skin feel soft and supple in the morning. Using eye serums will counteract dark circles which could emerge due to ageing and stress.
- Light is key - In your twenties, use light skin products to let your skin breathe. Loading on too many heavy products will clog your pores and lead to break out. Do not overload your skin. The skin needs regular care and light products, to maintain your natural skin health.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?