The Bejewelled Braided Bun–Step by Step
19 February 2015
The Bejewelled Braided Bun–Step by Step Image credit Festive season is a time when Indian women love decking up in the fanciest of attires and the grandest of jewellery. So why should their hair be left far behind? Festive times call for traditional hairstyles for long hair that are easy to make at home, so here’s a step-by-step tutorial with hair care tips for one such hairstyle that complements your traditional wear but looks trendy at the same time – the bejewelled braided bun!
If you think a bun is a go-to hairstyle for bad hair days or days when you don’t have the time to make an elaborate hairdo, allow us to prove you wrong, because this hairstyle is anything but that! Need an instant way to glam up your look? Read on!
- Step 1 – Brush your hair to remove tangles and knots.
- Step 2 – Next, make a tight ponytail.
- Step 3 – Make a braid with the ponytail to the very end.
- Step 4 – Now, twist the braid around the hair elastic and secure the bun with bobby pins.
- Step 5 – Seal the look with some hair spray, smoothen the finish and make sure there are no stray hair strands.
- Step 6 – And now we come to the part where we dress it up! Here are some ideas and hair care tips for the same:
- You could try accessorizing with some Swarovski studded hair pins. Place it around the bun to turn up the chic factor.
- If you want to add textures to the hairstyle, use a curling iron and create some nice loose curls around your face.
- You could wear a string of fresh flowers – maybe jasmine or roses, it can elevate the look immensely.
- Now let’s move to the front. You could wear a maang tika at the centre, which adds a formal touch of grace to your gorgeous festive attire.
- Make sure your hair isn’t very dry, oil your hair with Dabur Amla Hair Oil before washing so your hair is well conditioned and the bun doesn’t turn out to be frizzy.
- If you are going for a classy, clean look make the braid tight to give it a more defined look!
- If you want a messy and voluminous look, make a loose braid loose and tease the top of your hair. This will give you an imperfect-perfect look that’s not so formal.
- You can also braid your bangs sideways and add it into the bun to give a milkmaid bun kind of an effect.
* Fields are required. Make some cool noise, please don't spam and your voice will be heard.
Was this Article helpful?