Top 9 Home Remedies To Use Garlic For Hair Growth
Garlic is known for its amazing health benefits and hence we often incorporate it in our daily diets. And apart from that it is also one of the best ingredients to take care of our hair problems. Not only it aids a healthy hair growth but also provides maximum nourishment to the follicles, helping them to keep the hair shiny, long and strong. In times when salon treatments are becoming more and more expensive this natural and wonderful ingredient is becoming a hugely underrated hair growth aid. So when you think is garlic good for hair, you must know that not only is garlic a hair care ingredient but also enhances and encourages hair re-growth.
How To Use Garlic For Hair?
- Garlic and Onion Oil
- Garlic and Honey Mask
- Garlic and Lemon Mask
- Garlic and Yogurt Mask
- Garlic Shampoo
- Garlic and Rosemary Mask
- Garlic and Cinnamon Mask
- Garlic and Aloe Vera
- Garlic Pod Rub
Garlic Benefits For Hair
One should use garlic for hair growth regularly, as it can even help remove dandruff permanently. There are many garlic benefits for hair, few of which are mentioned below:
- Being loaded with minerals like calcium, zinc and vitamins, using garlic for hair can be very beneficial as it helps in nourishing the follicles and cells.
- Garlic is known to kill bacteria and germs that cause harm to the scalp. Thus, being anti-microbial in nature, garlic helps keep the scalp clean and help in healthy hair growth.
- Uses of garlic for hair include helping to stimulate blood circulation for maximum nourishment that aids a healthy and thick mane.
- Garlic also helps to sanitize and disinfect hair follicles and cells, keeping them unclogged, therefore helping in a well growth of new hair strands, curbing hair loss.
- Garlic benefits of hair include treating and removing dandruff and itchiness in the scalp.
- Being rich in vitamin C, garlic helps in boosting collagen production which is essential for hair growth. Read more home remedies on how to remove dandruff at our blog.
Apart from the various garlic benefits for hair, this magical ingredient also is used in various masks and packs for the hairs, which are not just simple and easy to make but surely work for hair growth in no time.
Garlic And Onion Oil
Ever wondered how to use garlic and onion for hair growth? Well, they belong to the same family and hence work wonderfully well when blended together to form an oil which also aids in encouragement of healthy hair growth.
- One medium sized onion
- Three to four pods of garlic
- One tablespoon Dabur Alma Hair Oil
- In a mixer blend together one medium sized onion, three to four pods of garlic and one tablespoon Dabur Amla Hair Oil together to make a paste.
- Apply the hair oil on the scalp, massaging for 10-15 minutes and let it sit for another 2-3 hours
- Wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly.
Garlic And Honey Mask
Since garlic works as a scalp cleaner, honey provides the required moisturization and hydration to the cells and follicles that in turn help in growth of hair strands. Garlic and honey for hair together form a deadly combination that brings in life to dull and dry hair.
- Seven to eight pods of garlic
- Two tablespoons honey
- Take 7-8 pods of raw garlic and crush them coarsely.
- Then add two tablespoons honey to the pods and mix properly
- Apply the mask on wet hair, starting from the scalp, gently massaging for few minutes and thereafter to the strands.
- Let it sit in for 40-45 minutes and thereafter wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process at least twice a month for best results.
- With the use of garlic hair growth before and after can be measured to vast difference.
Read more on how to stop hair fall naturally at home.
Garlic And Lemon Mask
Both garlic and lemon cut through the bacteria and fungi that cause havoc on the scalp in the form of infections, itchiness, dryness and dandruff. Lemon is loaded with the goodness of vitamin C and hence helps in healthy augmentation of hair cells.
- Five to six pods of raw garlic
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, crush five to six pods of raw garlic, mashing completely.
- Then add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to the mash and mix properly.
- Wet the hair and apply the mask to the scalp with a gentle massage and thereafter cover the tresses as well.
- Let it sit for 30-35 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process weekly for best results.
Garlic And Yogurt Mask
Garlic juice for hair along with fresh yogurt is the simplest yet most effective way to boost health of the locks. Fresh yogurt is known to be the best natural moisturizer for hair and scalp and effectively nourishes and conditions the hair.
- One cup fresh yogurt
- Juice of 7-8 fresh garlic pods
- In a bowl combine together one cup fresh yogurt along with the juice of 7-8 pods of raw garlic to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste on the scalp and hair and keep it on for at least an hour
- Wash off hair with cold water and a mild shampoo and instantly feel softness and shine in the hair.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for quick and best results.
Using garlic for hair growth cannot be simpler than this. Combining garlic with a mild shampoo not only elevates the hair quality but also help in aiding a healthy growth in future.
- Three to four pods of raw garlic
- One tablespoon mild shampoo
- In a bowl, crush three to four pods of raw garlic and mix it well with one tablespoon any mild shampoo
- Apply the garlic-infused shampoo on the scalp and hair and wash off with cold water.
- Use this shampoo at least once in a fortnight for best results.
Garlic And Rosemary Mask
Rosemary and Garlic for hair when combined together form a power-packed mask for a healthy growth. They also penetrate into the roots, nourish, and condition them.
- One tablespoon rosemary oil
- One tablespoon garlic puree
- One tablespoon Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil
- In a bowl mix together one tablespoon rosemary oil and the same amount of garlic puree and Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil to make a running paste
- Apply the mix on the hair scalp and strands and let it sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo and feel an instant silkiness and bounce in the hair.
Garlic And Cinnamon Mask
Garlic and cinnamon apart from being the most fragrant of spices also help in the regeneration of dormant hair follicles and aids their growth in a healthy and robust manner. Both cinnamon and garlic for hair growth are wonderful alternatives against chemically loaded shampoos and creams.
- 3-4 barks of cinnamon
- Three to four pods of garlic
- In a mixer, grind together 3-4 barks of cinnamon and few raw garlic pods to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the scalp as well as the hair strands and leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and cold water and repeat the process at least twice a month for best results.
Garlic And Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known to moisturize the hair and make them smooth and shiny. Garlic when infused with aloe Vera gel works wonders for hair growth. This mask is suited best for those with dry and frizzy hair as it helps to condition and nourish them.
- One tablespoon aloe vera gel
- Crushed 7-8 pods of garlic
- In a bowl combine together one tablespoon aloe vera gel along with 7-8 crushed pods of garlic to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the hair scalp and roots and massage gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the mask on the hair for 30-40 minutes and thereafter wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process at least once in two weeks for best and quick results.
Garlic Pod Rub
A simple garlic pod rub is most beneficial for the hair strands as well as the scalp as it cleans off the hair cells and aids blood circulation.
- Three to four pods of garlic
- Peel three to four pods of garlic and rub them vigorously on the scalp
- Thereafter, massage gently on the scalp for 5-10 minutes
- Let the garlic rub sit in for another 30-35 minutes
- Wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo and repeat the process weekly for best and quick results.
Garlic with so many of its benefits is known as wonder ingredient for overall health and when we combine it with other natural elements for boosting hair health you can imagine the magic they would create. Follow our blog to read more on long hair tips and home remedies for thick hair.
Was this Article helpful?