Is white skin with lemon really possible? Does lemon lighten skin? These are the frequently asked questions about lemon regarding fair skin.
Skin whitening with lemon is a tried and tested remedy. Here we bring you various ways in which you can use lemon along with other simple and easily available ingredients to make some amazing and effective face packs
and masks using lemon for skin whitening.
Lemon Face Packs & Face Masks
There are various home remedies one can follow to make different types of lemon juice masks, scrubs and creams to lighten and brighten skin easily at home.
Lemon and Honey Mask
This is one of the easiest beauty tips and sure shot ways to get rid of skin marks and blemishes and add a natural glow to your face.
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- To the juice of lemon add a tablespoon of honey
- Mix the two ingredients together and gently apply on the face
- Let the mix dry for 10-15 minutes and thereafter wash with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least once a week
Lemon and Tomato Mask
Both lemon and tomato are known to boost one’s skin texture and complexion by removing tan, blemishes and dark spots.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pulp of one ripe tomato
- A pinch of turmeric
- To the juice of lemon add the pulp of a ripe, red tomato and squish the two properly
- Then to the mixture add a pinch of turmeric powder and again mix
- Apply the mask on the face and keep it on for 15 minutes or till it dries
- Wash with cold water and repeat the process twice or thrice a week for desired results
Lemon, Honey and Milk Mask
While skin whitening with lemon is a common knowledge, combined with honey and milk they can do wonders for the overall texture and complexion of your skin.
Rose water leaves your skin soft and glowing. Read more about benefits of rose water for face
- In a bowl, mix juice of lemon, honey and milk powder
- Now add rose water and mix till a smooth paste is formed
- Apply the mixture all over the face and neck area and keep it on for 20 minutes
- Wash with cold water and pat dry
- Try the remedy once a week
Note: If you have dry skin, apply Dabur Gulabari Rose Glow Lotion post face wash for soft and supple skin.
Lemon And Baking Soda Mask
Lemon and baking soda when mixed together helps one get rid of not just oily skin but also blackheads and pigmentation.
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine baking soda and lemon juice in a bowl
- Apply the paste on the face after cleaning it with water and keep it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wet your hands and gently massage your face for 4-5 minutes
- Rinse the face with cold water and pat dry
- Repeat the process once a week for better results
Lemon Face Scrubs & Body Scrubs
Lemon for skin whitening is the best natural therapy you can give to your skin. So, using lemon scrubs on the skin becomes a natural. It helps in removing excess oil from the surface of the skin, deeply cleanse the skin pores, remove dirt and dead cells only to reveal fresh, rejuvenated. It also acts as one of the best home remedies for glowing skin
. Here are few homemade scrubs made using lemon for skin lightening solutions in the most cost-effective and simple way.
Lemon and Salt Scrub
Coarse salt crystals are very good for skin as they not only deeply exfoliate it but also help in reducing blemishes, scars and spots.
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice, salt and olive oil
- Apply the mix on the skin and gently rub all over the face in circular motion for 10-15 mins
- Wash face with cold water
- Repeat the process weekly for effective results
Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Another easy homemade remedy, it helps remove dead cells, excess oil and impurities from the skin while making it look fresh, soft and beautiful.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a bowl mix the two ingredients and apply on the face
- Gently rub the mix on the face in circular motion for 5-10 minutes
- Wash face with cold water and pat dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week to attain young and glowing skin
Lemon and Apricot Scrub
This is one of the most effective methods to lighten skin without using any harmful chemicals.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Apricot kernels (crushed in a mixer)
- In a mixer, crush a cup of dried apricot kernels
- To this add juice of a lemon and stir the mixture properly
- Apply the scrub on the face, massaging it gently for 10-12 minutes, in a clockwise motion
- Wash face with water and repeat once a week for improved complexion
Lemon Body Creams & Lotions
Creams are another way to find soft and glowing skin, but these days only harmful chemicals are found which in the long run are responsible for ruining the skin texture. However, it is very easy to make lemon based creams at home which can help get the lost radiance back.
Lemon and Shea Butter Cream
Lemon and shea butter are both amazing ingredients that work for all kinds of skin.
- Juice of a ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- To lemon juice add rose water and mix
- Melt shea butter in a double boiler and once it has cooled down add the lemon and rosewater mix to it
- Apply the cream at night before sleeping and get a fresh glow on the face the next morning
- You will see reduction in dark spots and lighter skin within few weeks of regularly using the cream
Lemon, Almonds and Gram Flour Cream
Gram flour or besan is known for its healing properties and when combined with lemon, it helps in skin lightning. It also reduces dark spots and even out skin tone which occurs due to various external factors like pollution, dirt etc. among others.
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon besan
- 1 tablespoon hung yogurt
- A pinch of turmeric
- Four kernels of overnight soaked almonds, without peels
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of gram flour with freshly squeezed juice of a lemon and a tablespoon of hung yogurt
- Add a pinch of turmeric and crushed almonds
- Stir the ingredients properly and apply the mixture on the face in the morning gently
- See the difference in skin tone and color within a week
How to use lemon for skin whitening/lightening in other ways?
Lemon is one of the best home remedies for fair skin
. Following are the other ways and means to use lemon for skin whitening and rejuvenation at home:
Lemon juice helps remove dead cells from the surface of the skin and encourages production of healthy cells that help in skin lightening. To effectively use lemon for skin whitening, juice 2-3 lemons and pour the juice in spray bottle along with some cold water. Every morning spray the concoction on the face to see visible difference in your complexion within a week.
Rub on the face
A natural lemon scrub to lighten the skin is also a good idea. Once you have juiced up lemons for a drink, make sure to not throw away the peel. You can rub the peel gently on the face directly. Keep it on for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water. It helps in proper circulation of blood and also lightens the skin over a period of time.
One can also make lemon exfoliant at home by using lemon and honey and applying on the face daily in the morning. Not only it helps in making the skin smooth, but also restore the natural youthful glow and shine.
By making a concoction of lemon juice, glycerine and rum and applying on the face after washing, one can find the glow and lightening of the skin.
Benefits of Lemon for skin Lightening
The anti-oxidants help lemon for skin lightening and acts as an anti-ageing agent. Being acidic in nature, it helps in cleaning blemishes, spots & marks and makes the skin glow with health. It also aids in removing excess oil and sebum from the skin pores. Lemon juice is full of vitamin C and hence can be used as stand-alone or mixed with various other natural products to help your skin feel fresh, whiten and lighten.
Tips to use lemon for skin lightening:
- It is also very important to take care of many things while using lemon as a natural skin toner.
- If you have sensitive skin, make sure to always dilute lemon in water and then apply on the skin because as it is acidic in nature, it may react with marks and pimples.
- Also, one must mostly use lemon based products in the evening or night time to avoid any reaction with the sun rays.
- One very important thing is to not keep freshly-squeezed lemon juice out in the open for too long. Since it is full of vitamin C, keeping it idle may lose all its contents when it comes in contact with air.
- Lemon oil for skin lightening is considered to be a good remedy for skin as it removes impurities and dead cells from the surface of the skin and stops secretion of excess oil
- Lemon bleach is another good idea for lightening your complexion. Applying raw lemon juice on the face on a regular basis can do the job for you.
Need more tips on how to use lemon for skin lightening and brightening? Keep following our blog.