Benefits of Water For Skin
25 Jun 2014
“Drink more water” – we hear it all the time, experts recommend that, we know it too, but do we drink as much water as we should be drinking? Apparently not. Read on to get enlightened about how water helps your body and what it does to your skin, chances are you’ll drink more.
- A well-hydrated epidermis looks clear, clean, plump and youthful. Try drinking 2 litres of water every day for a month to see visible effects on your skin. Make a mental note of this skin care tip.
- If you have dry skin, you cannot undermine the importance of drinking water. You need to gulp down as much water as possible to balance body fluids. Because it’s your body’s way of raising an alarm and saying you need hydration. Try this skin care tip and you’ll see a noticeable difference in your complexion.
- Drinking water helps in maintaining bodily functions, like digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature. So if you notice an imbalance, it’s because your body doesn’t get enough water. Another reminder to follow our skin care tip of drinking more water!
- Water helps in energizing muscles! So when your body doesn’t get enough water, the balance of fluids and electrolytes dwindle and that results in fatigue.
- Drinking enough fluids is also very crucial when you are engaging in high-intensity workouts. Water intake helps in replacing the fluids lost while sweating. Staying fit and sweating it out helps your skin glow majorly. Read about it here.
- Water helps your skin look good! How? Well, skin contains plenty of water and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. So when you don’t drink enough water, your skin tends to look dry and wrinkles or fine lines are more visible. Yes, moisturising your skin from the outside can help in locking in the moisture – try a natural one like Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Lotion.
And last but not the least; we’ll leave you with a few handy skin care tips to help you drink more H2O:
- Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water and a dash of lemon and honey. It’s a great way to detox!
- Squeeze in a beverage with every meal.
- Pick a drink you enjoy, that way youre more likely to increase your fluid intake.
- Eat fruits and vegetables with higher water content.
- Carry a bottle of water in your bag wherever you go. The more you see it, the more likely you are to drink it.
And remember this skin care tip
there’s nothing called too much water. Your body and skin need every bit of hydration. So happy drinking!