Wavy and curly tresses might be a lot of fun, but can be equally hard to manage when they are over the place. So if you are looking for a complete makeover, try straightening
your hair! If you wish for a stylish, sleek, and classy look, perfectly straight hair is the hairstyle for you. If you’ve seen celebrities strutting around with their poker straight locks on the red carpet then we don’t need to tell you how great this style can look. So here are a few hair care tips on how easily you can replicate this look at home.
The first step in hair straightening is to prepare your hair. Follow these hair care tips
to have your locks poker straight in no time!
- When dealing with your hair, never compromise on the quality of the straightener. Make sure that you use a ceramic plated good quality hair straightener because the results you receive will surely outweigh the cost.
- Don't fall into the trap of thinking that the hotter the straightener, the better it'll work. Always adjust the temperature according to your hair type in order to save it from damage. Make sure the temperature doesn’t cross these levels, depending on your hair type:
- For fine or damaged hair: 250-300 degrees
- For medium/average hair: 300-350 degrees
- For thick or coarse hair: 350-400 degrees
- The best possible way to achieve perfectly straight hair is by working in small sections, from the bottom to the top of your head. Divide and tie or pin up the majority of your hair in batches as it gets straightened. Once you’ve pinned or clipped the straightened patch of hair, continue working in sections until all of your hair is straight.
- When straightening, first run a pin comb or a fine tooth comb through the section you’re working on to detangle, and then use the comb to pull and hold your hair together as you run over the section with your hair straightener.
- In order to avoid overheating your hair, follow this hair care tip – keep the hair straightener moving and work with it slowly. This will not only give you a much smoother result but will also help reduce hair damage.
- It should only be necessary to go over a section of hair 2 or 3 times. If your hair is not achieving the desired result in that time frame then work on an even smaller section of hair.
Now that you’ve achieved the perfect hairstyle, here are some hair care tips to bear in mind after straightening:
- Let your hair settle for a while.
- Add a small amount of serum to your strands to stop your hair from going frizzy or fluffy.
Now go on and give yourself a hair-do that seems fresh out of the salon with the right hair grooming appliances, hair styling products and some hair straightening technique know-how. While you’re at it, check out this article on how to style your long hair differently using hair straighteners
– we hope you find it useful!