How to Get Rid of Dandruff
15 Apr 2015
If those pesky white flakes have been snowing on your dry scalp, it’s about time you put them to rest naturally. Dandruff usually occurs as a result of having a dry, oily scalp. The flakes are dead skin cells that keep shedding from your head, making your hair weak and brittle. But worry not, because we’ve put together a few natural hair care tips
to protect your hair from any further damage. Read on to find out how to get of dandruff using these 4 miraculous natural ingredients.
- Neem (Indian Lilac)
Treat Dandruff With Neem
With power of treating many hair woes like scalp acne, itchy scalp and hairfall, the antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties of Neem, also known as Indian lilac, help to treat dandruff as well. It also helps to stimulate blood circulation and strengthens the immune system which leads to strong, healthy and shiny hair growth. Due to its high fatty-acid content, neem acts as a good natural hair care tip by soothing and healing the itchiness and flakes.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in four cups of water
- Cool and strain the solution
- Use this decoction as a hair rinse twice or three times a week
Olive oil is made up of fatty-acids that coat the shaft of your tresses that keeps them healthy and protected. Being a natural moisturizer, when it’s massaged into the scalp it hydrates your scalp, reducing the appearance of your dandruff naturally, with no chemically laden shampoos. Most hair care products are full of chemicals, which can actually damage your hair more in the long run. Using a high quality olive oil like Dabur Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil as a hair treatment will give your hair back its health appearance naturally.
Treat Dandruff with Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take some Dabur Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil and mix half the amount of lemon juice in it
- Rub it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes
- Wash your hair after at least 20 minutes
- Follow this natural hair care tip two to three times a week
Treating your scalp with apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy to get rid of dandruff. By restoring the pH balance of the scalp, it inhibits the growth of yeast and works as a natural clarifier by cleaning clogged pores and hair follicles.
Treat Dandruff Apple with Cider Vinegar
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Add an equal amount of water and 15-20 drops of tea tree oil in it
- Apply it onto your scalp and massage. Rinse your hair after a few minutes
- Follow this natural treatment twice or three times a week
Baking soda is a folk remedy that is used to treat scaly, itchy dandruff, as well as other scalp conditions. It acts as a mild exfoliant that removes dead skin and helps to reduce excess oil from the scalp, lessening the occurrence of dandruff. With repeated use, it also helps restore production of natural oils that keep your scalp from becoming dry and flaky.
Treat Dandruff with Baking Soda
- Rinse your hair with warm water
- Fill your palm with baking soda and mix the baking soda with a few drops of water to form a paste
- Massage the paste onto your scalp using your fingertips. Scrub your scalp with the paste thoroughly
- Rinse your scalp with warm water and condition as usual
Dandruff may seem like an unbeatable enemy, but there are a number of effective ways to manage it and lessen it without involving harsh chemicals or an expensive trip to the dermatologist. So, the next time it starts snowing flakes, think about how to treat dandruff naturally, remember that a solution could be right in front of you, maybe even as close as the baking soda in your kitchen. Do try these natural hair care tips
and tell us if they worked for you in the comments section.